Putting deaths of 3 celebrties in perspective

UtahRob

True and sad , this was e-mailed to me !!

Ed McMahon died this week. He was a great entertainer, but prior to his stage accomplishments he was a distinguished Marine Corps fighter pilot in WWII earning six Air Medals and attaining the rank of Colonel. He was discharged in 1946 and was later promoted to the rank of Brigadier General in the CA Air National Guard.

Farrah Fawcett died this week after a long career in Hollywood as an actress. After she was diagnosed with cancer, she became an activist for cancer treatment and devoted her last remaining years encouraging people to seek treatment. She documented her plight on film and used it to encourage others to stay positive and upbeat despite their diagnosis and suffering.

Michael Jackson died this week. He was perhaps one of the greatest singers of modern time. He will also be remembered for his eccentric lifestyle that included sleeping with a chimpanzee, living in a carnival-like atmosphere at Neverland, his fascination with Peter Pan, and his numerous masks and costumes. He also admitted to finding pleasure sleeping with young boys and paid out millions of dollars in settlements to the families of these boys despite being acquitted by a court on one allegation of sexual molestation.

QUESTION - Which of the above did the House of Representatives declare a moment of silence for? (Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

QUESTION - Which of the above's family received a personal note of condolence from President Obama?

(Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

I guess this is what Politically Correct means! I see Al Sharpton, Jesse and all the limelight seekers have gathered in LA. Can't wait until it is announced that all the major news channels will carry the Viewing live, that way Al and the boys will get the coverage they need.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

i'm surprised whacko jacko's funeral wasn't at a Chuck-E Cheese. i don't know who ed mcmahon is, but he sounds like a good guy. i know who farrah is, that really surprised me since i knew nothing about the cancer. lastly, i have woken up countless times to billy mays infomercials for junk i don't really need, but i always somehow get pursuaded into wanting it, i.e the shwer shelf, or industrial putty. i don't even collect coins yet he made me want to get the 1969 only 50 made rare john f kennedy gold dollar. nobody can replace him, not even vince, the shamwow guy!

Last edited:
Back