STUCK CASE !

Bman

I got a 243 case stuck in a trim Die & I remember reading on this site how to make your own stuck case remover. I tried a search with no luck. I hope someone here knows how to make one,otherwise will have to dig deep for a RCBS. I thank you in advance for your help.

One trick is to put it in the freezer. " If you can grab the end of the case with a pair of channel locks"... let it sit for a few hours, then see if you can screw it out. Its worked for me a few times.

Also there is a video on You tube.. Drill out the Primer hole tap for 1/4x20 get 2 nuts that are larger than the bullet casing.. Put a flat washer onto the 1/4 in screw, slip it into the 2 oversized nuts and screw the case out.

Here's what I posted several months ago on 68forums, A step by step guide to making your own stuck case remover.
Hope this helps.

#1 Drill out primer pocket
IMG_0034.jpg

#2 Tap primer pocket
IMG_0035.jpg

#3 Secure die in vice or in my case I screwed the die in from the underside of the press to hold it while removing case
IMG_0036.jpg

#4 Removal tool
IMG_0037.jpg

#5 Using the socket as a spacer, thread the bolt with washers into threaded case and turn the bolt into the case. This pulls out the stuck case right out with little effort.
IMG_0038.jpg

#6 Removing stuck case without damage and no waiting on UPS to bring a special tool... priceless
img

If its truly stuck in a "trim die", as you said, why not just support the die by screwing into the press and use a punch down the center of the case....one good smack with a mallet. Trim dies are open at the top.

Last edited:
Quote:
If its truly stuck in a "trim die", as you said, why not just support the die by screwing into the press and use a punch down the center of the case....one good smack with a mallet. Trim dies are open at the top.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Right on... there is no need for an extractor when you can punch the case out from the top.

I tried hitting the case with a punch, Didn't work, I did build the tool & got it out, Thanks Guys for all yopur Help.

HMMMMM, I've always just stuck the muzzle in my mouth and BLOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But this might work too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chupa

Back