Separated At Birth?

redeyeddawg

Michelle-Obama_Cruella.jpg

What happened to the other picture posted? Don't tell me the PC police got it! I don't think pictures of George Bush represented as a chimp ever got censored. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I am the one that pulled it. And ya'll know why.

Do you really want the whole site to be judged on what that one post contains?

There is a right way and a wrong way to poke fun, but racism isn't it.

Any effort we make towards any political agenda where we have an interest as hunters can be shot down because once opponants see a post like that, we are all dismissed as redneck racists.

Nuff said... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Barry

Quote:
I am the one that pulled it. And ya'll know why.

Do you really want the whole site to be judged on what that one post contains?

Any effort we make towards any political agenda where we have an interest as hunters can be shot down because once opponants see a post like that, we are all dismissed as redneck racists.

Nuff said... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Barry

Thanks !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:

I have seen those pics in several emails. I don't think they are racist, and I think many people would object to being labeled as a racist because of a pic showing M. Obama and a chimp next to her...especially since the exact pic was all over, but with GW Bush, only a year ago. (BTW, I didn't even post the pic...I just think people are hyper-sensitive to percieved "racism")

That pic might have been all over the internet, but it wasn't here. Nor will it be.

If you don't see that comparison as being racist, then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

This is from the TOS:

3. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or contains vulgar language, racial slurs or other terms intended to be of an insulting nature. Posting that counsels illegal activities or is disruptive or deemed unacceptable to the nature and purpose of Predator Masters Inc. will not be tolerated and could result in immediate suspension of posting privileges.

I pulled it because it was the right thing to do. Period.

Barry

Quote:
racial slurs or other terms intended to be of an insulting nature.

So by this definition the pics of Obama and Cruela Devill should be removed as well as they are of 'an insulting nature'.

Now, I'm not going to argue with you over the double standard or how ridiculously sensitive people have become or pretend to be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Guys, look, Barry just saw that first and pulled it. Jeff, Stu or I would have done the same thing if we'd seen it first.

Double standard or not, some things are different for different races. For example, a reference to fried chicken, watermelon or getting welfare/food stamps, kids with different fathers and not holding a job is just different when applied to blacks as opposed to Asians, Hispanics or whites.

Some people have been saying for years that blacks are closer to the apes in an evolutionary way and that they resemble them physically--so, yes, the chimp pic next to a pic of a black IS a form of slur, even though the poster is a great guy and didn't post it maliciously (no villains here!).

Nobody says that about the other races, so, right, you can't say that about blacks on the board here and, yes, it IS a double standard--but that's just life and we're all grown men so we'll deal with it.

My football coach as a kid was a Vietnam vet Texan and he told me back in the '70's that life just wasn't fair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Sorry, I'm not trying to stir the pot...just had a long day so far...and its not over yet. Just frustrated with society and how different people are viewed through different lenses. Anyway...I think it's getting close to beer-thirty.

As far as life being fair...I guess thats all in the way you look at it.

Quote:
Almost sorry I made the post. I do know how folks feel when they make funna my ears....

Those are ears??? I thought they were car doors... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PC police to the rescue!!!thank God I didnt get to see the pic that is already posted all over the net,again.Wont be long and you will find a way to keep people from posting pics of poor dead forest animals...what we consider OK (pics of shot up critters) is highly ofensive to MANY people,why dont you take a step down off your pedestal ad think about your 'rules".

Quote:
PC police to the rescue!!!thank God I didnt get to see the pic that is already posted all over the net,again.Wont be long and you will find a way to keep people from posting pics of poor dead forest animals...what we consider OK (pics of shot up critters) is highly ofensive to MANY people,why dont you take a step down off your pedestal ad think about your 'rules".

We've actually put quite a bit of thought into the rules here, friend.

That material is "all over the net" means nothing to us--we have our own standards at PM, this is a family show.

As I have already mentioned, the member who posted the pic in question is a great guy and we all know he meant nothing by it. No biggie.

Comparing a photo that may unnecessarily make a black person feel bad and mocked because of their level of skin pigment is not what we are about here.

Making an anti feel bad because they see pics of guys having fun hunting predators IS what we are about here and we don't care about offending the antis' because their point of view is just silly, not inborn.

Being black is an inborn trait, being an anti is not--it is just an indicator of one's foolishness.

All hunters are welcome at PM, irrespective of their color or creed. I am sorry if you object to that policy but I can assure you the racial slurs prohibition isn't going away any time soon.

To me this is just the basic manners most of us learned by kindergarten.

"Being black is an inborn trait, being an anti is not--it is just an indicator of one's foolishness."

Thats the attitude that creates more antis.You are making it into a race thing,not the poster,nobody else saw it that way...dont try and make it sound like we are sticking up for racism,THAT is foolishness.You must have went to one [beeep] of a kindergarten,to know all about racism and racial slurs,I didnt even notice race at that age.

Quote:
"Being black is an inborn trait, being an anti is not--it is just an indicator of one's foolishness."

Thats the attitude that creates more antis.You are making it into a race thing,not the poster,nobody else saw it that way...dont try and make it sound like we are sticking up for racism,THAT is foolishness.You must have went to one [beeep] of a kindergarten,to know all about racism and racial slurs,I didnt even notice race at that age.

'couple of things, bud:

1.Whether you like it or not, we are all victims of political correctness to various degrees... it has irreversibly altered the social landscape and inter-racial relations.

2. Because libtards have become accustomed (some might say astute) at playing the race card, regardless what one sez or does, if one happens to be of the conservative flavor, one will ultimately be accused of racism. Thus, the conservative following on this site makes it a target for the left-leaning, low-lives out there...

...and last but not least...

3. When in Rome, do like.. well, ya know...

best of luck

BH

Back