Try it again

Tha_edge

One picture shows some of the Rockwell(Rc)on the Elk knives while the other shows the trappers and others. This makes about 350 finished this year and ready for handles. We have already shipped over 200, so we are just trying to build inventory for hunting season. We had run out of trappers in Janurary and again in May but we have them now. Pictures were taken a week ago and I have used 14 of the trappers already. They don't gather much dust. Thanks for looking.Hope this works cause it is the first attempt at posting pictures.
DSC02848.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is an illusion unless dave has changed them they are very clear and smooth! tough as I've ever seen! awesome knives!

Glenn is correct.

That is just a reflection showing on them because they are that smooth!

Those haven't even been finished so you can imagine what the final polish looks like! I was recently lucky enough to pick up a set of "Trappers" and let me just say, they are very, very, very sharp! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

To say you can shave with them is a little misleading! If you try to shave you will probably end up bleeding! These knives are just incredibly sharp! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first time I saw one of these knives, Dave showed me how they will actually skin the print off of a sheet of printer paper without cutting a hole in the paper!

I've said this before and I'll keep repeating it, "These knives are "Scary" sharp!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

they will literally shave the letters off of a walmart reciept without cutting through the paper! Byron South, Rod haydel,Jay Nistetter,Arky Yoter and Todd Woodall have all seen it done as well as many of the guys that made the World Expo last year. They stay that sharp longer than any blade I've seen and I've seen lots of blades.

I believe Dave had yet another scary experience yesterday....something about a knife falling and bouncing up into his leg, 3 inches into his leg! Such a smooth and clean cut, it went back together before the doc at the ER could fix him up....only lost a cup of blood or so!!!

Yes........It is not good to cut the main vein running up your leg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Had my finger on the cut within 3-4 seconds but had lost a least a cup by then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Got to the ER about 20 minutes later and when I took the pressure off, the bleeding had stopped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
When I first looked down, there was a stream the size of a drinking straw shooting out 8 inches from the cut.
HOUSTON.........I had a LEAK. Its fine now and I am back at it. Just have to change the pressure bandage 3 times a day and put on a little Neosporin. Don't plan on dropping any more knives......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

you really need to look into getting some mesh pants! Talk about pucker factor! I dropped one of Dave's knives once and all I wanted to do was get out of the way before it hit anything!!!!!

The first hogs I cleaned with his knives took me 3 times as long to clean because I was afraid I would lose a finger!

Guys reading this that have never seen one in action find these testimonials hard to believe As did I when I first spoke with Dave. Try one and see! I bet Dave will even guarantee they are as sharp as he says!

I'm with you Glenn!

I guarantee you this... if you do ever drop one of these knives, the very last thing you want to do is reach down and try to catch it! I assure you if you did it would cut you to the bone!

Yes, they really are that sharp! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hate to say it but it is probably best that most people don't believe us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Most people want to tell the world after their first two animals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif After 5-10 they are afraid to tell ANYONE because they will be called a "liar". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif We can only make about 450 knives a year and we are maxed out doing just that. Have taken orders for over 20 knives so far this month and had two calls yesterday wanting the details on how to measure hands cause they were needing 18-20 knives by hunting season. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
There is NO WAY that we could make knives for everyone that needs them. We just try to keep those few that have them happy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif These knives are very addictive as they can attest.
Probably need to clarify one thing about shaving the ink off thin paper. While you are thinking that it was an illusion, think about this. There was nothing under that paper but thin air!!!!!! Hold the paper with one hand and fillet the ink off about an inch in front of your fingers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
And YES, I can make them sharper.
Dave

Stock looks great, Dave! Bet it feels good to get a batch back and on the pegs!

Sorry about your leg, Yikes! I'm glad it's holding now... Be Careful, Brother!

Stuff happens Steve. We try to have about 450 knives at all times for the different sizes and shapes. But there are times(hunting season thru Christmas) that you can't pick up raw steel. All you do is put on handles and ship. If you run out it will take a while to build back. Did 5 yesterday(ship today) and will finish 7 today and cut the handles for 5 more for tomorrow. That is a steady pounding. Had an email this morning from Canada. I will try something:
Quote:
"Hi Dave,
today was butcher day,only did one buff.Aubrey and Rob were amazed and sooooo pleased with there knives,
the ease in which they cut thru the neck skin was nothing short of amazing.
The modified buff skinner is more than I hoped for,with a little wrist action and no effort it peeled the skin off easier than I have ever witnessed before.The "butchers Pride" can be tough to keep off the hide usually,not when useing your knives.Rob also tried my buff skinner,and really liked it.I mentioned that I still had the other one you sent( I must aplogise for not getting it sent back sooner) he is interested in purchasing it as is and getting a sheath from you for it.How much would you charge for it????
Now that the butcher is over,I will ship the bullets and knives for resharpening this week.Thank-you for a tremendous product."

Hey it worked. I am not very computor smart but copy and pasted works.

Edited by Nikonut to add as quote...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess

You convinced me. I just got of the phone with Dave. Great Guy.He was in the shower but returned my call promptly. Nothing like speaking with the man that is going to make your knives. Very unlike the Big Box's where you get an operator that takes orders and can only describe what is on the screen. I have only ever owned one knife that lasted skinning 3-4 deer. Well I wont go into where that knife ended up but I was Married at one time. I have been looking for 15 years for a knife to replace that one. I currently have a couple so called custom knives I have purchased over the years that did'nt measure up.

Looking forward to receiving these knives from Dave. He did caution me on the sharpness! I will take the man at his word and be cautious. His leg is doing fine now and he's back to work.

Guess I do plan to try your test on the receipt. I'm sure this will captivate my friends.

James

congrats, I have never heard anyone complain about one of his knives , so I doubt you'll be disappointed.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS until you get use to his knives, let the blade do the work. It takes a few times using it to get use to the ease with which it cuts.

The receipt shaving takes some practice, the blades are so sharp. Once you get it figured out you will amaze everyone!
Follow Dave's instructions, he knows his stuff.

I have a degree in Meat science, yes, I was a butcher. I had to learn a whole new way of using a knife when I got one of Dave's. I had some of the sharpest knives of anyone I know, now, I have one that scares me to use it much.

I have only heard one complaint. His knives were to sharp. So he suggested cutting cardboard with it until it was the proper level to do small animals.

Quote:
The receipt shaving takes some practice, the blades are so sharp. Once you get it figured out you will amaze everyone!

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to do this holding the paper up with your fingertip! You won't even feel it until it's gone!

I would never use one of these to reach up inside an animal to make a "blind" cut by feel! Ouch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Dave,
It looks like you've been pretty busy! Whatever happened to that new design you were working on when I stopped by your house? Are you going to offer those for sale? I want one if you are.

Mike

Got those finished and delivered Mike. Had a lot of interest in them so we are cutting out at least 20 more. Hope to get them done before the stuff starts bigtime in Sept and Oct. Won't have time to touch raw steel until Feb as I will be puting on handles. We may make some out of 3/32 and some out of 1/8 inch.
Still hoping to get away for 10 days and head west. Will have to start soon but we are still trying to build the inventory back up from last Christmas. Missing the small sizes of boners and butchers up through 3 3/4 inches.
Take care.................dave

Back