Small Magnum Primer recipes

Heretic

Anyone got any favorites or suggestions? I have IMR 3031, X-Terminator and Benchmark powders. For my Rem 700 in .223. All military brass fwiw.

TIA!

Quote:
Anyone got any favorites or suggestions?

Team the mag. primers up with ball or spherical powders, that's what some load manuals recommend. That makes it look like the X-Terminator is your best bet.
I use them with H335 and W748 with very good luck. I never tried them with extruded powders.

Quote:
Anyone got any favorites or suggestions? I have IMR 3031, X-Terminator and Benchmark powders. For my Rem 700 in .223. All military brass fwiw.

TIA!

They will work fine with ANY powder...

My favorite load is for a 40gr Hornady V-Max out of a slow twist (1/14) barrel and I doubt that it would work in yours..

I get excellent results with Ramshot X-Terminator with either 25.1gr or 26.1gr, and that's less than the max loads for that bullet..

40grV-MaxLoads.jpg

Quote:
They will work fine with ANY powder...

Well, yeah I would think they would. Just wondering if anyone would share their recipes/experience with small rifle magnum primers and the powders I mentioned.

I already experimented with 62gr fmjbt and 55gr fmjbt out of my Remmy 700 and the mag primers with 3031. Not too impressed with the 62gr performance, didn't stabilize but I'm sure that is due to the 1 in 12 twist with that weight bullet. The 55gr fared better. I'm loading some 50gr Noslers with the X-Term and and hoping to score some 40gr's to try.

Thanks again all!

Back