minot north dakota.

nomad20

hay guys. i just moved to minot north dakota and it looks like it will have some good hunting. problem is it also all seems to be private land, at least within about 30 miles of town. me and my wife are lookin to hunt just about everything except deer this year. would any of you guys be kind enought to help me figure out where i can hunt. waterfowl and of course predators are going to be my main focus. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

30 miles in any direction will put you in good hunting there is way more posted land to the south than any other direction i'd say for waterfowl(ducks) your best bet would be to go east at least 50 miles. for geese(honkers)50 south. coyotes anywhere good luck. you'll find n.d is a very hunter frienly state

Minot A.F.B.? Probally a little colder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif than Nevada, but you'll have some great hunting in N.D. It's a beautiful state and I enjoy it when I go.

Quote:
Minot A.F.B.? Probally a little colder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif than Nevada, but you'll have some great hunting in N.D. It's a beautiful state and I enjoy it when I go.

yeah a just a little colder. july here is about like january there, haha. but you are right it is nice country, flat, but nice. hopefully we will get some good hunting out here

I was in Minot once in the late 70's to sell some coyote hides when I lived in eastern Montana. It was about -25 degrees with a wind about twice that and snow drifts everywhere. I got rid of the coyotes without losing anything so I didnt need to go back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know anybody from Minot but most of the people I know from North Dakota are top shelf. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hey Nomad: I'm familiar with an area farther southeast than 30 miles if you don't mind going a little further. It's in the Martin area west of Harvey off Hwy 52. Lots of available areas and nice people. If you want a real nice in to local knowledge and connections I'll make a suggestion.
Friends of ours converted an old schoolhouse to a bed& breakfast that is really nice and inexpensive( around 50-60 dollars a night). Their names are Dave & Judy Frueh(pronounced "Free") at 701-693-2818. Their place is called the Little Red Schoolhouse. Now the downside, The place fills up fast during hunting seasons and people come back year after year. Try calling them soon and see what they have available. There's also a motel in Harvey to stay at but you and your wife would really enjoy the schoolhouse.

If you need any further info email and I'll be glad to help with what I can.

Lee at: inc.godspeed@yahoo.com

The Freuh's know everyone in the area(good conections on who's land to hunt on) and are really nice also.

Go south to the big lake [sak]. There is all kinds of core land going most of the way around the lake. There is deer,waterfall, upland and walleye. Wecome to gods country.

as far as coyote hunting goes, most guys I know hunt the sloughs, call from the down wind side about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away and see what happens, there are a lot of coyotes in that area. and a lot of sloughs

Back