Michael Jackson (the OTHER thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not Jackson that is at stake its principles and by going against the "innocent tell proven guilty by a trial of his peers" it is one more step on our constitution.
by talking about a man who died in public and degrading him the same week of his death is in poor taste and makes the poster look bad in the public eyes
by judging him on your own and publicly declaring him guilty is bearing false witness.
i do not care who the person is even if it was jimmy carter i would still feel it is the wrong thing to do [justified but wrong].
yes i would be happy if carter passed but i would not degrade him the same week as his death it is extremely bad taste period.
we are humans not jackals its not only here there seems to be a feeding frenzy going on everywhere.
there is one more thing that has gone by the wayside nowadays it use to be call cooth =with holding a statement because its not the right time or place.
kinda like not talking about denning coyotes we all know it has to be done but its better not to talk about it here.
i don't want anyone to think I'm saying this to put up for Jackson as a individual. acting like this is much more then about a person it is wrong in every way i have stated.
wrong is wrong no matter who is doing it.
i feel like I'm dad trying to correct poor judgment and behavior of my kids. you wouldn't let your children behave like this and you should lead by example. you would tell your kids how rude they are being and send them to their room.
I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad side just pointing out that this is not the behavior that the great people here on predator masters should uphold.
maybe after loosing my uncle and almost loosing jenny I'm the one that is over reacting but i don't think so.
if any of you think about it you will agree its uncooth, rude and wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
False witness is lying, not holding an opinion as to whether or not an individual did something.

The Constitution has zero to do with this discussion. It addresses rights and freedoms with respect to the government and as such has nothing to do with whether or not a perv like Jackson did or did not commit a crime or crimes against children.

BTW, I saw the video with my own eyes of the freak dangling one of the poor babies he bought off a balcony. No fit person would ever do something as reckless as that.

You've also stated very piously in several posts that it is somehow "unChristian" to judge the bad behavior of another person.

This is a bizarre claim and unsupported by Scripture.

I suspect that you rely on a highly flawed interpretation of Matthew 7:2, from The Sermon on the Mount.

This passage does NOT bar a Christian from "judging" bad behavior! Quite the contrary, it goes to applying the same standard to one's self as to others.

If your reading of Scripture were accurate then a Christian could not serve on a jury or work as a LEO and naturally that is an absurd notion on its face.

Those of us who do not molest kids are still good Christians even though we "judge" the animals who would harm a kid.

Perhaps you should get that Bible out and look up what Christ said about child molesters.

Do you know what he said of them? Basically he said they should be tied to a heavy millstone and cast into the sea!

Since my Savior calls for the death of those who hurt our most innocent, I feel quite comfortable condeming that behavior, ESPECIALLY in those like Jackson who did not repent, and I feel equally comfortable as a Christian in calling for their lives to be taken as a consequence of their foul acts.

The view that we should stand caps in hand, bowed in respect for this perv is ludicrous, IMO.

BTW, did it occur to anybody defending this scum why he relocated OUT of the US and into an Arab country? Well, pedersaty is very popular in Arab culture and laws against it are laxly enforced there. There are also supplies of young boys in places like that and SE Asia for pervs with money.

Get it now?

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Finally, I don't give a flying crap what my condemnation of this creep looks like to anyone. If I look like a man who believes in protecting innocent kids and who HATES
pervs who would prey on them then I am just fine with that. I care about right and wrong and I don't give a flip what I look like to other people.

I have read and re-read Romans 12:19. That's the section of the Bible where the phrase "vengeance is mine saith the Lord" happens.

I think I'm a God fearing man, but at times I am not too sure.

If one of my children or grand children was to be molested, there is no doubt in my mind as to how crazy I would get. Once the prep was identified, I would die trying to get the opportunity for a well placed shot with a high velocity rifle.

You want to steal my car, break into my house and steal my TV...go ahead, I'll deal with it. But messing with my kids or my grand kids is a whole different story.

When I look at Jackson, I cannot separate him from any other scum bag pedophile that is roaming the streets.

Maybe that defines me. But, I think I can accept that.

i hate a child molester just as much as any of you.
i just don't agree with vigalante typing, being disrespectful to anyone who has lost a family member,
being judge jury and exicutioner without knowing more then what the media reports.
yes he should have been prosicuted by the court
yes he is standing trial now
it is not our job it is the governments and gods. if we were on the jury then it would be our job.
i'm just like you jim i'd go crazy too.
java its not him we need to respect its the family members left behind they did no molesting.
would anyone approve of their grandkids acting and typing things like "i'm glad someone died" i think not.
i would hope that leo's stand on the facts not midia reports we do not know the facts the leo's find them and then act
are we a nation of trial by TV reporters?

You really must go through life assuming everyone in the world is innocent,let me guess we are jumping to conclusions about Hitler too because we never got a chance to put him to trial?The guy was a chomo,everyone knows it,we dont need a lousey court decision to know EVIL.

Javafour,you must be a carpenter cause' you hit the nail on the head!Guys remember the scumbag that raped the 12 year old boy and was caught and while being walked through the airport the boys father was pretending to be on the phone and when the agents walked the creep past him the Dad smoked the pervert with a shot to the head ala Smith and Wesson?Every timeI see that clip played I stand up and cheer!I guess I'm just weird but that should be an option in every case like that!There is nothing lower in this world than a scumbag that preys on a child.I don't care what kind of contribution they have made to music or anything else!Yet I'm sure they will line up sobbing at Jackson's funeral,what a waste of a human being.It just blows me away that people idolize a waste like him because he was a celebrity.Anyone else would have been hung in his place.Just like O.J.

Quote:
i hate a child molester just as much as any of you.
i just don't agree with vigalante typing, being disrespectful to anyone who has lost a family member,
being judge jury and exicutioner without knowing more then what the media reports.
yes he should have been prosicuted by the court
yes he is standing trial now
it is not our job it is the governments and gods. if we were on the jury then it would be our job.
i'm just like you jim i'd go crazy too.
java its not him we need to respect its the family members left behind they did no molesting.
would anyone approve of their grandkids acting and typing things like "i'm glad someone died" i think not.
i would hope that leo's stand on the facts not midia reports we do not know the facts the leo's find them and then act
are we a nation of trial by TV reporters?

cmiddleton,

You have already admitted yourself that you would not allow your children to go to Jackson's home unsupervised. By doing so, you are agreeing with us. You tell us not to try and convict someone in the media, but you yourself have used the media as a means of forming an opinion about this criminal.

I agree we should not condemn a person from the media alone. But media aside, there are enough facts here to give us a pretty good idea of the type of person Jackson was when he was alive. There is at least enough information out there that would preclude you and I from allowing our kids to have contact with this criminal unsupervised.

By the way, Jackson was not tried and convicted as a result of the media. The media did him no harm really, due to the fact that he was acquitted in a court of law.

If anything, the media and his celebrity status helped him win a court battle that he most likely should have lost.

[OK i agree but not out loud]
its not about him its the death of a human and being cooth
i have lost one loved one and almost lost one other in the last month i see the families side of the coin clear as a bell. the holding your tongue in times like these is important. he has family children and friends that did nothing MJ can't hear or read this but they can.
that is why i find it appalling.
i still do not think it is our job to judge and it is not how god would want us to react to the death of a sinner or anyone else for that matter.
MJ is not my friend i never had any of his albums but i still find it offencive and bad taste to attack anyone just after they died.

Quote:
[OK i agree but not out loud]
its not about him its the death of a human and being cooth
i have lost one loved one and almost lost one other in the last month i see the families side of the coin clear as a bell. the holding your tongue in times like these is important. he has family children and friends that did nothing MJ can't hear or read this but they can.
that is why i find it appalling.
i still do not think it is our job to judge and it is not how god would want us to react to the death of a sinner or anyone else for that matter.
MJ is not my friend i never had any of his albums but i still find it offencive and bad taste to attack anyone just after they died.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back