Jagd/Cur cross

Devin69

Hey I am just wondering about a Jagd /Cur Cross for coyotes.
Does anyone know of a cross like this? And what they are working them on and if they are working?

Got 2 little pups and my Walker/Jagd cross died at 14 and I have a coming 1 year old Jagd/plott cross. The pups are two young to be able to tell what they are doing yet and I have one of my better curs in heat right now and am trying to decide if I want to cross my male Jagd on her. I think it would make a great cross for decoy dogs but was hoping for some feed back before I do it.

I think it would make a good cross. Decoy work, trapline, or catch dog. I asked a similar question on a UK board, wondering if anyone had experience with a Jagd/Greyhound cross. No answers on that one.

Tony

Quote:
I think it would make a good cross. Decoy work, trapline, or catch dog. I asked a similar question on a UK board, wondering if anyone had experience with a Jagd/Greyhound cross. No answers on that one.

Tony

Tony, we were going to try that cross, but lost our good Jagd male last season, quite a few guys back East want one as a lurcher/catchdog.

About the Jagd/Cur cross, should be a nice one, I look forward to hearing how they work out for you.

Devin, if you like 'em both, give it a shot. Sounds like you have plenty of opportunity to test them.

Workman, when'd you start making calls? Shoot me a pm with prices and types. I'd like to get one and can't beat MADE IN USA by a buddy.....

Quote:

Tony

Wow Tony you might have to A.I. on that little project.I am having a heck of a time just getting the cur bred and she is not as tall as a grey

Not that tough, just need to get a hand on things. We crossed a tall greyhound gyp to a short rednose pit once. Had to stack wood for him to stand and muzzle her. Once in a while, they need a little help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tony

Yup it is a very tricky process lol

11t6ckw.jpg

Devin,
I've had good luck using hay to elevate a dog. Just break off what ever size flake you need and tie the strings back around it so it dosn't come apart. It is better footing than that plastic bucket.

If you need hay, come by tomorrow.

I've heard digging a hole for her back feet to drop her rear works well. That way he's on level and she is his height.

Try it and you will find out. If you don't do it now and try it later and they work really good think about how much more time you could have been hunting them. Then again they might not work out and just wasted time and money. You will learn something either way. If both dogs that you want to breed are good at what they do give it a try. Good luck Devin.

Last edited:
Back