UPDATE ON HORNADY PROMO BULLETS

CZ204

Hello people, I posted several weaks ago about ordering promo bullets from hornady(180 grn 44 mag). and after reading all the replies i decided( back then) maybe i was getting a little to excited , so i just chilled and waited several more weaks. Well just to update everyone on the matter after 2 emails and many more weaks (order date march 28th)I still have yet to receive my bullets. And yes i am aware of the situation with reloading componants but this is just plain RIDICULOUS !!!!!! HORNADY GETS A BIG FAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif FROM ME TY predetor mastor for having a place for me to vent ........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

OK people 1 more update (then ill quit pissing and moaning) just incase there is someone out there going through the same problem....I finally decided it was time to make a phone call to hornady, They are telling me the bullet I ordered will be in production in august (44 MAG 180 GRN) and they" should" be shipped "sometime in september". So from march 28 to april, may ,june,july ,aug, to" maybe" if im lucky "sometime in september". Started out i was told 8-10 weaks, then went to 10-12 weaks ,well i havent added it up to where we are at now ,to disscusted to bother. Gotta love them democrats i know where id like to put the first one of those bullets that i "might" get to load "maybe in september" Happy hunting if you have the ammo.............

Were these free bullets from a component purchase? Man, if they are, just chill and wait for them....Hornady is one of the total class companies in this industry and there is no way I would bash them, but that is just me....they will continue to get my business.

Tim

Took mine 3 months. I didn't care,heh there free. Go buy the ones you need. It's not like your not going to need more sooner or later.

Hornady is a great company. But it sounds like they dropped the ball on this one. They should not have a promotion if they can not back it up. So you are right and justified to vent a little.

If I were you I would send a polite letter to the attention of Steve Hornady and ask him for something in addition to the bullets to compensate you for your problem. I would definitely do it in writing. Anyone who takes the time to write a letter is normally taken seriously. And IMO if you keep the letter respectful, then I believe Steve will compenaste for THEIR mistake. Try it, it should help you. Tom.

Ty hogghead, not to diss anyone elses replies ,cause i appreciate them all, even the ones i dissagree with ,But your reply has been the best so far and i think i will do that . I know we are not talking alot of money here , but its just the point a large company like hornady and you cant rely on them . They cashed my check , (however was a very small amount) way back april 23 , If they knew they were not gonna be able to fill the order they had no right to take my money either . I won t be doing any more dealing with hornady in the future.

So they cashed your check for I assume shipping and handling charges on your FREE bullets. Now your going to write them a letter asking them for more FREE stuff to go along with your FREE bullets when you get them? Just because you had to wait?

I got a coupon for a FREE knife from Browning celebrating the 1,000,000 Browning Citori Shotgun. I was a special deal they were doing last year if you bought a Citori you got the coupon. I had purchased it in August last year, I filled out the coupon and sent it in. A couple weeks later I got a letter in the mail, it said they had some problems with the production of the knife but had my order in and when they received it, it would ship immediately. I just got it last week, you do the math. I prepaid for shipping too! But never contacted them to [beeep].

Free stuff is great but most time you do have to wait it out. Why dont you consider the shortages in components all over the country. If it was Sierra, Nosler, Berger or anyone else the same would most likely apply. I wouldnt hold it against anyone for the times we are in right now. Who knows they might be concentrating on getting supplies out to paying vendors, can you blame them.

I dont believe i ever once stated that i was going to ask for "more free stuff" . All i am asking for is what i "PAID" for.Yes the check they cashed was for shipping and handling witch in turn makes the bullets NOT SO FREE.

I ususally buy what works in my rifle... Hornady works. I will continue to buy until they give me a reason not to. Sorry that you seem to have such a beef with them.

I had a four month wait for my 1,000 7mm bullets , but they got here I'am sure as soon as the run of 7mm's were ran....

I don't think Hornady gives away bullets just to sell their dies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I like my Hornady dies better than my RCBS dies and I have not had any problems with the RCBS dies.

I got mine within 6 weeks or so but it was before the big rush. I have gone thru about 600 of the 1000 and they are good bullets.

You see anybody else offering freebies with die/reloading purchases? No way Hornady is in the top 5 in reloading equipment sales. There is a reason why........

Quote:
I dont believe i ever once stated that i was going to ask for "more free stuff" . All i am asking for is what i "PAID" for.Yes the check they cashed was for shipping and handling witch in turn makes the bullets NOT SO FREE.

all that you have "PAID" for is shipping. They are giving you free bullets as part of a promotional program...that just so happened to fall smack dab in the middle of a mass firearm/component purchasing frenzy that this country has never seen. The promotional program was thought of MONTHS in advance of the frenzy by some office dude who didn't walk back to the warehouse and count how many bullets they had in stock. Did Hornady get caught with their pants down...you bet....as did EVERY manufacturer. But, then again, you really didn't pay for these bullets, did you? Think about it. If you got X amount of companies calling, begging for bullets, and they are PAYING for the bullets by the pallet load, who would you fill the order for. I know of a ammo company in Idaho that just got a shipment of 223 and 308 bullets from Hornady last month, and they were told to not expect another shipment until the end of August at the earliest. This is a company that MAKES ammo and gets at least 2 shipments a month. This company has employees who have families to support and they are scrambling to try to find bullets. You think I have sympathy for you and your free bullets - think again! I would cut Hornady some slack. If you choose to never buy their bullets again, that's your choice. Where I'm sitting, there is alot more to worry about in this world than a couple of bucks for shipping on some free bullets. This may seem a little harsh to you - but to me, it appears you have lost perspective, or you really didn't know how bad some of this situation was/is.

Back