bear hunting idaho

buckstoducks

OK, I'm 16 years old iv never seen a bear or hunted them i come up with a plan to bait bears this year. my dad was very thrilled with the idea ha ha. we start a little late because of the snow in Idaho was more than normal and i start at one that was right of the road but the bears were coming in only at night from the pix off the trail cam so we moved where there wasn't as much traffic. in a week i go back and the bait is gone so i set up my cam and wait for 4 days i cant sleep over this 4 days waiting to go back on the 4Th day i got get some meat and ride down one my dirt bike with my pack frame and start to put bait out and i see nothing is left so i get the card out of the cam go back to the truck put it in the camera and see all the pix i have of 2 bears just 3 hours ago and we get all exited and go in and set up wait and wait and nothing came in.

the next day my dad is working at the fire station and i call him and tell him they haft to come in tonight we should be there and he gets time of work and we go up. at about 9:00 we start to get bored and start talking and all of a sudden a bear was there not a big bear but a bear i was all exited and I'm looking at it for a couple of min and all of a sudden the brown one comes in and this thing was big so i shoot it. it runs down about 300 yard and we get down there and see that it a big bear so we call some buddies to help us get it out and at 8:00 the next morning we done and were heading home. go to the fish and game and everything weight it with no guts and no ribs 347 pound with guts and everything it was a 440 to 470 pound bear i was so exited i got a trophy bear and i didn't even no it win i shot it.

ICAM0024.jpg

ICAM0033.jpg

ICAM0066.jpg

ICAM0065.jpg

ICAM0022.jpg

th100_2246.jpg

th100_2242.jpg

bearhunting.jpg

First off that looks to be a beautiful bear. Congrats! Now if at all possible please post a bigger photo or two of you with that bear on the ground. Especially one that shows that light colored throat and chest...very cool markings by the way!!!

Bucks...
Congrats on your bear!! Well done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Nice story too.
You're gunna have to resize the pictures on your end first, then repost.
I tried to save them to my harddrive and resize them for you but they are already like 120x160, way too small.
Size them to about ?x480, whatever it happens to turn out to be.
Good luck.

That is one nice bear! With a large white chest to boot.
It'll be hard to top that one. Good going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That is a REAL beauty !!
Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I agree, try and get some more closer
pics up.
What part of Idaho ya from?
Scott

That's a beautiful trophy! I've taken one black (real black) bear, and now want a color phase like yours. It sure is nice when a plan comes together and your hard work pays off, eh? Good going!

That is one HECK of a bear!!! I saw 8 brown phased bears while living in CO, and NONE of them hold a candle to that one. I strictly focused on a black just because the browns were so ugly. You got yourself a beaty there, young man. Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

you the man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back