My First dog on video!!!!!!

Quote:
Hey buddy after watchin that again I have 1 very important ?

DID YOU JUST POINT THAT GUN AT UR SELF????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have my mount set-up to where it will hold the camera straight ahead for action video, but the camera can easily be turned 1/4 turn for commentary so you don't have to point the gun at your buddies/yourself to get in the video.

Quote:
EXCELLENT!
Thanks for the show!
I need to get one of those gun mounted camera thingys...

Here is a scopecam mount that I put together (it's a little rusty from sitting in a parts box). Most of us probably have the parts we need lying around, except for maybe the camera screw.

The only part that requires any real effort, is finding the camera screw (look for beat-up camera tripods at thrift stores), and locating a machinest that can drill a clean hole into the Weaver-mount for the screw to go into.

It's pretty self-explanatory when looking at the picture. Put some o-rings on the screw to help keep the camera snug when pointing straight ahead. You can rig it to where you can un-screw/screw the camera 1/4 turn on the mount, to safely take video of yourself, or your hunting partners.

I use a 30mm ring for a 1 inch tube, so I can install insulation material between the ring and the scope, in an effort to reduce the affects of the recoil in the video.

Also, a link to a past discussion on camera mounts.

ScopeCamMount002-1.jpg

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...ue#Post52941961

Great Video! There's nothing like shootin' dog with a scatter gun; combine that with doin' it on camera and you've got one of those memories that competes with your wedding night!

Back