PowerBond Bullets...... hello

idahomutt

Hello,

I am now a sponsor for Predator Masters and I wanted to explain why. I make plated pistol bullets and I know there are forums devoted to such subjects and I may advertise with them in the future if needed. I respect the views and opinions of those here more that any other place I lurk. I do not post much but I do glean vast amounts of knowledge from here and as testament to that I have guns, calls, and a dog all directly influenced by information learned here.

We make the best plated bullets and I will stand behind that statement. We are limited in production so the focus is on quality. I look forward to here what you think of them.

Thank you,
Matt
PowerBond bullets

Last edited:
Matt,
Were glad to have you onboard. Is there a link to your company? if so would you post it or PM it to me. I would like to try some in a 500S&W if you make them in the size.

Welcome to PM Matt!

Was just looking at your website and noticed you've got a good selection there...
Question, have you experimented with any of your 40 or 45 cal offerings shot with a sabot through an inline muzzleloader? I shoot a couple deer a year with my Encore and am always looking for something new to try...

Fred

PowerBond bullets web page We do not make bullets for the 500 S&W. And as for placing them in a sabot, I have not. I shoot a lot with a smoke pole but prefer heavier bullets than what we offer here in the west. We are making a HP in the 45 230 that might be fun to try.

I posted a special offer in the sponsor forum for members. I hope some members will try them out and give their opinions.

Thank you for your warm welcome, I enjoy responding to several of your PM's.
I hope to have the testing complete on our .40cals by next week if anyone else is interested.
Matt

I tried to place an order for bullets that are out of stock. It would only let me pick quantity and not bullet weight.
9OUTOFSTOCK Temporarily Out of Stock 2 $0.00

How will this work. Will I be sent an e-mail telling me when they are in stock and asking what weight bullet I want?

crapshoot,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner I have been on the road delivering product. We do receive out of stock order notices and will get in touch with those who ordered as soon as we have their product in. I will be announcing when we have new products here as well.

Welcome to our forum. Glad to have some more Idaho boys with us.

Now then, exactly what are "plaited pistol bullets"? I'm afraid you got me on this one, unless you mean a plated bullet as opposed to a jacketed bullet.

Anyway, would you clear this up for us? And again, Welcome!

Rustydust,
You are correct I will edit my post above to clear things up about our plated bullets. Typing it out on my phone was not a good idea but I wanted to get it posted before I arrived home yesterday. We are making changes to our web page and will have some .40 180gr available within the next couple of days.

idahomutt,

I put in a "sample" order for 500 45 cal. 200 gr. RN bullets,
and was wondering is there any plans for a 200 gr. HP bullet,
in 45 cal?

FWIW, I have been trying a number of "plated" bullets, and
some do well, accuracy wise, and some don't meet expectations.
I am curious about PowerBond. I like the price, now let's
see if any of my 45 ACP pistols like the bullets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Squeeze

Squeeze,
I have no time frame for the 200HP but we do plan on making them when demand for our other offering die down. I look forward to hearing how your pistols like the bullets.

Welcome to PM!!

I am not familar with plated bullets. Could you tell me a little about plated bullets.

Does the base have exposed lead, is the base similar to a FMJ, is it a flat base, are the base edges chamfered. And ... can they be fired at jacketed bullet velocities or should they be fired at non-jacketed (lead) velocities.

Might want to try some in 9mm and 45.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

buckhalljr

Our bullets have no exposed lead and being individually re-struck after plating has a slightly chamfered edge on the base as well as extremely consistent dimensions. Our bullets will hold up to higher velocities and heavier crimping than our competition but are not the same as FMJ bullets. I use data for FMJ but start with the low pressure/velocity suggestions and work my way up slowly to the mid range suggestions, I have great luck finding very accurate loads this way.
Hope that helps

PS. 40-180gr FP are, as of today available
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back