6BR Redo for LR fun, new scope!

Furhunter

Wow things are slow around here, so I figured well lets post up some things I have been working on.

I have a 6BR bench gun that I have been wanting to get out again and do some longer range shooting with. I have had a NF NXS 5.5x22 on it since I got it home from the smithy. I up until wednesday had shot less than 200 rounds thru it in the 3 years I have had it. Seems something else always gets in the way.

I went out wednesday with Sharkathmi, I had some new BR loads built up and he was trying to get the Savage I sold him shooting some different loads. I did some shooting with the BR at 100 yards, then I had 2 different loads left, I wanted to shoot them at 300 yards. The result of those 2-5 shot groups was a personal best for me. 1st group was just over 1-1/4" second one was just over 1". The problem I have is at 22x its hard to see an small aiming point at 300 yards. Its just not enough. I need more power, what to do?

So I took a Burris XTR 3x12 Tacticool off my RR Varminter, that honestly I have never liked. I traded it with 400 bucks cash for a very lightly used 8x32 NF BR model. Cash terms I have about 925 in this NF, course my old rings didnt have enough clearance, so back I went for a nice spendy set NF rings (I already had 20 MOA NF bases) its always something isnt it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I got everything mounted up to shoot today and the wind is blow'n about 30 out so I am waiting for a better day. I cant wait to try it again with this scope.

Now the only problem I have is, do I put the NXS on my Rock River that I dont shoot that much or at all, or....on my new to me Cooper Phoenix in 6mm Rem that you guys havnt seen yet!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Heres a quick pic or two of the reborn BR, you guys are going to have to wait for the Cooper pics.:D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

Very NICE, as usual for you!! You have nice toys. I know what you mean about rings. I got a drawer full, but never the right ones.

What boolits are you shooting?
I put around 50 rounds thru my 6BR last weekend. Trying out the 87 and 75gr V-Max's. What an awesome caliber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:

DSC01218.jpg

Hey! If you didn't spend all your money on "New to you" toys...you could afford dishes to put in that "New to you" dish washer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chupa

Quote:
What boolits are you shooting?
I put around 50 rounds thru my 6BR last weekend. Trying out the 87 and 75gr V-Max's. What an awesome caliber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Its a 9 twist so I have been shooting 90 and 105 Lapua's along with the 107 SMK's over Varget. Shoots really good with those. I have not had alot of luck with the 87 or 75 V-Max's with the powders I have tried, I would love to get one of them shooting for use on long range prairie dogs, no such luck yet. Maybe its because I can see how good it shoots with the match bullets and expect the same from the varmint bullets, when in fact....it may not even be possible.

Quote:
Hey! If you didn't spend all your money on "New to you" toys...you could afford dishes to put in that "New to you" dish washer

Chupa

I was going to tell you all about the sad story gun nut addiction I have and how it only takes one bowl and fork to eat Top Ramen. However my wife was emptying the dishwasher during the photo shoot! Here and I thought everyone would have made fun of the pink wintergreen candy mint on the table. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Reading this post as I eat a bowl of Kashi Cereal for dinner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif It really is a sad disease we have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But with two builds at two different smiths and a badazz scope on the way, what's a guy to eat when the Ramen is gone??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice stick Darby! The Nightforce compliments it well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
DO those BR models have 1/8moa turrets?

Back