I'm BACK!!!

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Over a dozen guys are waiting on me, several of them from here... I sincerely apologize!

My FiL announced he was going on a 3 week trip to Alaska, and "...oh, by the way, would you remodel my bathrooms and re-floor my bedroom and clean out my house while I'm away?!?!" Ok, not exactly like that, but it was a definite work stoppage situation. What are you gonna do? It's family, and he's good for the hourly wages, so... I had a deadline.

Well, I'm DONE! I have a dump run or two to do yet, but for all intents and purposes, I'm through working there and back to the crafting!

Rockinbbar, you haven't lost any time by being busy... which I know you have been... but we're back on line now!

I took the day off yesterday and went out with a friend and my two boys on my Dad's crab boat looking for bottomfish...

DSC06585.jpg

Not much rest, in fact I'm exhausted, but tons of fun and a great break. We caught one Halibut, one keeper Lingcod, a limit of Copper Rockfish, several small Pacific Cod, and released plenty of rockfish, codfish, and juvinile lingcod. After the split and giving my Folks a nice big halibut steak for the use of the boat, I ended up with 12 servings for 4 in the freezer!

Now, back to the REAL action....

Here's a picture of a hunting-washington member's blade. I know he and his Dad are anxious to finally see it. I just sharpened it and etched it this morning, and I'm ready to start the build... This is the steel I'll use for rockin if all continues...

DSC06590.jpg

The grip build is gonna be pretty sick too, so stay tuned. I have to finish up a knife for another guy (only a couple hours to go on it) then I'm going to be building the grip and polishing out 3 others... Including you, Dave!

I'll get after Nikonut's knife if he ever sends me his antler, or I might just grip it with stabilized Coyote turd and send it on to him!

I'll also be laying up a few fancy calls, I had one almost done as a spare time project for you, Clay, then.... catastrophic failure! Have to start over!

Anyway, just wanterd to let you know... I'm back in the shop!!! Finally!!!

Hey Steve,

You know mine isn't a priority for you right now! Get your other work done first!LOL I'll try to get those antler pieces in the mail! I won't even need it until deer season starts this Fall! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That Damascus blade is very nice! Cool stripes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your two little buddies look like they are having fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back