Here we go again!!

canislatrans54

...With rising fuel prices!

Last week, unleaded went up .13 cents, to $2.39 here.
It was still that when I left town this morning at 4am.
Get back tonight to find it's now up to $2.47.

Yes, it's better than $3.50-$4.00, but still, it's annoying to have it increase that much in a day. (or a week) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We went from $2.09 to $2.69 in three weeks. That will be the end of what is left of the formally great state of Michigan.

ELJ

Ours started shooting up just before Memorial Day and I figured,,,, Okay, the distributors are listening to AAA on the projected increase of holiday drivers, I'll wait to fill up until after the weekend.... Bad Idea...

This morning it went up another $0.13...to $2.39...

Makes me want to grab someone by the throat...and smack them with a 2x4 to get their attention...

Quote:
Diesel is only $2.09 here in AZ. Knock on wood.

Diesel here in Salina this morning: @2.21.
The cheapest I've seen it lately was in Wagoner, OK yesterday morning: $1.99! Needless to say that even with a 1/2 full tank, I stopped & filled up at that price.

Why does it increase in 10 - 15 cent jumps and only slowly comes down a few cents at a time? Why is it going up now, usually the oil/gas companies claim some natural disaster is to blame. Just seems like greed to me...

The government,that the majority of the population elected is raising the cost of energy, like they said they would.
It's what they voted for.

Jack

People be very carefull what you wish for cause you might get it The Magority of the people wished for B.O. I voted No B.o. The Magority let thier stupid hang out and Voted for change. Well change is what they got and the United States will never be the same........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Big 0 calmly said last year that he believed $4-5 per gallon gasoline was perfecly acceptable, if not preferred. That price level (of oil) makes alternative energy easier to shove down our throats.

In my opinion, all this minor stuff (like "date night") is part of the grand smokescreen put on while bigger fish are being fried. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Cheapest unleaded was $2.63 here in the interior of Alaska this morning. Good thing it's refined less than 20 miles away from here and helps "save" money. Life goes on and I'm sure the oil companies will still post record profits,...AGAIN! Must be nice to have the world by the wallet and squeeze whatever they want from us.

Some "across the pond" gasoline facts (regarding unleaded)

I pay 1,67 dollar/liter (conversions via google)
1 liter is 0,26 gallon

I go by bike most times, guess why.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

///Fredrik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
We went from $2.09 to $2.69 in three weeks. That will be the end of what is left of the formally great state of Michigan.

ELJ

Just more good news for the few of us that are still left in this state. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

The dems have admitted, almost bragged, that the energy related bills they will pass will add an additional $3000 to the average households heating and AC costs.

Jack

We are now at $2.79 but there is good news. Compared to our unemployment rate, our gas prices look GREAT!

ELJ

Back