*BEWARE* Hornady "free bullet" promo

CZ204

I just wanted to share this info with those of you who may be about to purchase anything from HORNADY in hopes of receiving the so called "FREE BULLETS" from HORNADY ..... I mailed in all my info to HORNADY along with my shipping and hand check in the amount of $6.95 6 weaks ago, (the bullets were 180 grn 44 mags). HORNADY cashed the check april 23rd (2 weeks ago) I still have not received anything from HORNADY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif . I emailed them 3 days ago to ask [beeep]? NO REPLY FROM HORNADY. I realize that reloading supplies are a [beeep] right now but i find it hard to believe these bullets are in that big of a demand ,and even if they are HORNADY could at least reply to let you know what is going on . You would think they would make sure they have the merchandise before cashing the customers check. So i guess at this point im not only out my "FREE BULLETS" but also $6.95 . Very nice way to conduct bussiness HORNADY

Relax, I think you'll get them. I've sent it in twice and gotten my bullets both times. I ordered the 6mm 100 gr variety. It was about 9 weeks but I got them. Just have some patience.

Ya im trying to, the only thing that worries me is how long ago the check was cashed , I can mail anywhere in the US and it will get there in 2 weaks

I took advantage of the promo twice. No problem getting the bullets, it just took a while. Yeah, anyone will get a check in two weeks, then they have to make sure it doesn't bounce (not everyone is as honest as the people on this board) and then process the order. I doubt Hornady is going to leave the country with your $6.95. Keep us posted.

I got my bullets as promised and have had to call them with questions once and they took care of my problem quickly and politely no issues whatsoever.

so far i have gotten 1300 bullets all at different times from them.. Some got here quick others took a couple months if i remember right.
But I always got them.

You'll get your bullets...I've done it several times and they have come through each and every time..It just takes awhile to process.. Anybody thats dealt with hornady much will know that they have great customer service..

No worries you'll get them eventually...

+1 FOR EVERY THING SAID ABOVE

they will take care of it, I believe it also said on the promo app that it could take 6-12wks to deliver the bullets.

I have never had a single issue with Hornady their CS is top notch. I'd dare say as good or better than dillon when it comes to resolving issues with any of their presses

I got my 1300 bullets in about 10wks from the time I saw the money come out

Just like most rant threads I am curious if everything works out ok will there be a retraction and the *BEWARE* part edited out?

Quote:
So i guess at this point im not only out my "FREE BULLETS" but also $6.95 .

BTW - You would only be out $6.95. You would not be out any free bullets since you didn't have them in the first place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

ION well along those line then could you even call them free bullets? After all you are paying $6.95 for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch, their Get Loaded page states 8-10 weeks, and that's for normal business, considering the backlog on reloading orders and their statement on their home page, be patient, you'll get em, it'll just take a while. I've got a bunch of bullets "free for $4.95" bullets last year, at least 6 or 7 times from die sets I've bought, I've always received the bullets, sometimes in a couple weeks, other times several weeks, but I always got them.

http://www.hornady.com/get_loaded.php

http://hornady.com/
**Message from Steve Hornady dated April 10, 2009** The shooting sports industry as a whole is currently experiencing record sales. Here at Hornady Manufacturing we are breaking our own production records in an attempt to keep up with customer demand. We have added extra shifts, machinery and we are also in the process of expanding our manufacturing plant. We will continue to produce as much product as we can while still retaining the high quality control you’ve come to expect from us.

With the demand for our products being as high as it currently is, we are forced to make some temporary changes. Until further notice we are only able to ship ammunition, bullets, cases and major reloading tools to our wholesalers and retailers. This means that we are not able to accept consumer orders for those products via telephone or our website. We will take telephone/web orders for reloading spare parts, press accessories and specialty dies. For a list of available products you can purchase on our website please Click Here. For ammunition, bullets etc., your favorite retailers and sporting goods chains have large orders placed with us so you will receive your product faster by purchasing through them than you would by ordering factory direct.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause anyone and as soon as this situation eases we will return to accepting retail orders.

CZ204..Thank's for the warning..But no thank's..

I've made two purchase's recently that qualify for the "free" bullet promotion..I have a redemption form in hand as we speak.It clearly state's allow 8-10 week's for delivery.I realize you could sure use some bullet's as we all could,yet when one consider's the current crunch on obtaining component's recently I would consider it fair to get the bullet's in the 8-10 week time frame.As a matter of fact i have no plan's to even send my form's & check's in until later this summer..

I even plan to purchase more Hornady product's in the near future there's getting to be lot's o' red colored product's on my bench lately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Steve Hornady is truly a First Class Guy. I have met him and hunted with him several times when I was in the sporting goods industry. I would bet $100 to a donut that he would personally make sure it was taken care of. Unless there is a clerical error I am 100% sure you will get your bullets. And if you do not receive them then I am 100% positve they will make it right. Have a little faith and some patience.

Whoa---If I add that up it comes to 200% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifTom.

So far I have received about 1700 boolits from them and their Free Bullet program. But it has been a couple years ago. I'm sure you'll get them.

Back