? about antlers

cmiddleton

would you guys like antlers whole or cut into pieces
for calls?
cut would be easier to ship but its up to you guys.
how much would one ask for brown deer or elk?
i have sold by the pound before.
how much would hard white deer be worth to you guys.
shipping would vary as to size of orders how would i figure that in?
whole elk would cost more to ship due to size of the box.
I'm new to this stuff I've never tried shipping a elk antler or a set I'm thinking it will take a Big box.
I'll add some pictures this weekend let me know here what will work out best for everyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don't know about other guys, but I don't mind getting it in pieces. Collectors and taxis would probably want whole, but callmakers shouldn't mind chunks.

Do you have any Moose?!?!?

Take a look at how Rick sells it when he sells a bunch. He'll lay out a big batch of tines and sections that'll all fit into a flat rate USPS box. And they go really fast.

i wish there was a call maker close by that could help me cut them just right for calls, I'll look at ricks post and see how he is cutting them.
i have one deer antler that screams carver every time i see it. it is my favorite the one that got me to looking for antlers. i saw it on the deer but it took me three years to find it. i have three of the other side but i used one year on my lamp.
i didn't make out to get pictures of the bulk of my antlers but i got some of the deer i have at the house.
i don't have any moose. I'm going to talk to some antler buyers i know and see about maybe getting them to donate some. one still owes me a box of broken main beams from when he bought the antler garden [over 300 old whites}.
is there such a thing as to big of elk antler i have some with huge bases? belt buckle size

the antler buyer brought me the box of antlers and said to get in touch with him when i get to Douglas Monday and he will get me some elk antler too.
the deer antlers he gave me most will work but some might not but its probably 50 lbs.
they really liked my custom calls i set them up and showed them everyones posts.
i think you guys will be seeing two new customers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

here is some pics. bad camera those look white but they are brown
09_deer_sheds.jpg

here is the box the buyer dropped by
box_of_antlers.jpg

Last edited:
Back