terrier hound cross?

deerassassin

Any body ever crossed a jagd terrier with a plott hound. I would call it the Germanian Cur sense both breeds originated in geramny. Any body have any terreir hound crosses? Just wondering. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have a Jagd / walker cross and a Jagd / plott cross. The Walker cross is a super dog of 14 years and the Plott cross is not working out so good but he is only 8 months old.

Devin you seem to do alot of experimenting with your breeding. I think its a great thing to do. I think people get to stuck on keeps pure blood. If two dogs are dang good hunters breed them and try to get more good hunters. Seems pretty simple to me.
Nate

I wish it was simple, cuz I would love to reproduce this female Jagd/Walker cross I have. I am going to A.I. this little female Jagd I have with my Lead dog, a Walker. And see what I get.

Heck sounds like it should make some solid pups. I may try to smoose ya out of one of them pups as well. This little cur/jagd is a pretty awesome little pup. Im excited to see how she turns out. Thanks again Devin
Nate

This is the Walker/Jagd cross she is now 14 years old the white on her used to be tan. Kind of like me. lol

wix3if.jpg

Thanks you very much those are some good looking dogs.
Cool looking rig except its FORD(fond on road dead) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. What do you use it for?

Last edited:
Simple Devin. (-:

Let's see a good picture or Rico while we are at it (I like Rico Pics).

Oh yeah I forgot this is a Terrier/Hound thread. Never mind.

I troll through quite a few forums when i have questions. Alot of people get tried of seeng the same question asked over and over. So i used the search option and brought up an old post. I would say sorry for resurectng the dead, but im not. Anyways. Thanks for the input cedarcreek. Dont cross terriers with plotts by the sounds it. I didnt have any intentions of doing so. I jus have a terrier and have hounds so its pretty hard not to wonder. Thanks.

HPW, doesnt matter if its a 20 year old post. People still respond and they also get information and learn from it. Thanks for all your insight though.

I saw this thread and couldn't help myself, because I wish I could say this was just a punch line, but it's 100% true...

About 12yrs ago, I had a Jack Russell Terrier 6month old pup crawl up on my sister's 14yr old Sh!t Tzu house dog. We didn't stop him because we figured he was too young and dumb to figure it out, and she'd be too old for it to land anyway... Sure enough, she took! Only got one pup, he's been a great dog, real short and long bodied like a sh!t tsu but a little stockier and tougher built, with a broken terrier coat, and he's one of the rat killing-est terriers we ever had, even though his breeding meant he ain't worth Jack Sh!t...
tt2.gif

Back