Let's see your turkey guns!!!

Rick James

I'll start.

My go to gun is the 870 Shure Shot. She is wearing a Mueller 2-7x33 with the illuminated circle dot. I use it for predators/turkeys, and this scope is perfect for both. I've got an Indian Creek BDS in her, and run 2.25oz Hevi #6's through her. When I patterned last weekend my best pattern on a dirty barrel put 212 in 10" at 40 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My backup gun, and the one I loan out for others that I call for is a Mossberg 500 with the 22" ported turkey barrel. This was my first true "turkey" gun, and it has killed countless birds now for me and for others that I've called for. It's wearing a cheapo 2.5x Tasco that somehow still holds zero 3 years after I last changed loads. I'm using a Gobble Stopper Xtreme .655 in the front, and putting 1.75oz Winchester Xtended #6's through it. This one has also taken several 40-50 yard birds in it's life, and makes a great backup/loaner.

870Supermag001-1-1.jpg

Let's see those turkey guns!!

Last edited:
I feed it real black powder. I'll get started on killing a bird next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

100_2094.jpg

Lets see, old reliable a valmet 412 12/223 w/ a 2.5x8 loopy, bansner turkey/predator choke, a fajen monte carlo trap stock in woodland lam. alot of turkeys have fell to this gun since 1984 when it was built
goblr2001.jpg

next, a mossberg 835 woodland camo synthetic purchased in 1992 w/ a hastings extended tube .675 choke, can't seem to find my pic of it though, was sure I had one on PB
lastly a Frenchi 912 3.5" turkey gun in advantage camo and a carltons gold extra full choke
100_0573.jpg
thats it, all mine
RR

Quote:
I feed it real black powder. I'll get started on killing a bird next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Nice!
NorthStar West 20ga jug choked fowler for me. Flinter too.

Ya'll have heard it before, but here goes... .12 gauge Benelli M1S90 Camo Turkey Gun w/sling and 24" barrel, Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike .665" choke, Hevi-13 3-2-6 load. The standby choke and load is a Kick's .660" Gobblin' Thunder and Winchester Supreme High Velocity plated lead #5's. That's what did this old bird in...

18520000_0004.JPG

Another Benelli fan here!
SBE with Kick's GT .665 squeezing down 3.5" HV #5 Supremes. Aimpoint Comp ML2 on top. Got me a double banded tom with it last season...
turkey2008015.jpg

Remington Spartan/Baikal 12/.308 grainy cell phone camera Pic.

Nov10thRodney2SlatePileReduced.jpg

Also have shot them with my Ithaca 37 12Ga and Lyman .54 cal with round ball and black powder. Round balls are amazingly accurate with a slow twist barrel.

Just put this together this year.

Gun: Remington 870 Super Mag, Shur Shot Stock, 23” barrel
Choke: Primos Jellyhead .660
Shells: Heavy 13, 3-1/2”, 2-1/4 oz, #6
Sights: Bushnell Red Dot
GunPics001-1.jpg

Quote:
knockemdown
are your birds out there in ny. banded?
and if so what info is on the bands?
icebox

That bird was wild captured in a cannon net set by a Penn State Research Study. They had been banding birds in both PA and NY as part of their study. The 2nd band was a new experimental type they were testing...

I spoke on the phone with one of the Research Coordinators and got some great info from her. My tom was banded in the same county as I killed it, but made it almost 15 miles from where it was caught in the cannon net...

It used to be my gramps duck gun before the lead ban. The next time I go turkey hunting this old Winchester is going with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

033-1.jpg

This is my Grandfathers Shotgun he carved the Turkey in the stock

DSC_0001-6.jpg

DSC_0001-7.jpg

This is my son and his first turkey he shot with his great grandfathers shotgun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DSCN9946.jpg

Quote:
This is my Grandfathers Shotgun he carved the Turkey in the stock

DSC_0001-6.jpg

DSC_0001-7.jpg

This is my son and his first turkey he shot with his great grandfathers shotgun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

DSCN9946.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif FANTASTIC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Back