Airgunning Coyote: A PredatorMasters' First

Airgun....Great job and great write up. Dang, not that I have enough toys now I'll be thinking airgun. My wallet thanks you.:)

Quote:
Airgun....Great job and great write up. Dang, not that I have enough toys now I'll be thinking airgun. My wallet thanks you.:)

Considering that you can shoot 250 shots of .45 caliber, for only $28, tell your wallet I said "your welcome" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fantastic story and outstanding pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Congratulations on a hunt you will remember forever!

Quote:
Quote:

Considering that you can shoot 250 shots of .45 caliber, for only $28, tell your wallet I said "your welcome" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Now you really have me thinking, Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
I've shot his airgun, and it's pretty impressive. It's also about as loud as a low-base 20 gauge shotgun, so using it inside the city limits would get you noticed. It's scary accurate, I'm impressed with it.

Thanks for the heads up, I figured the blast from this rifle was compairable to a 22 short to long rifle at most.

Cool!

That was a great story and I'm very happy you finally got a coyote with the 909!

I'd say that will make a believer out of some of the naysayers! The fact that you had an exit wound should tell all that a .45 cal round making complete penetration is acceptible firepower!

Let's hear about the next one, too!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quote:
Cool!

That was a great story and I'm very happy you finally got a coyote with the 909!

I'd say that will make a believer out of some of the naysayers! The fact that you had an exit wound should tell all that a .45 cal round making complete penetration is acceptible firepower!

Let's hear about the next one, too!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Thanks Nikonut!

Hopefully next time I won't be using the puny roundball, and there will be a MUCH bigger hole that won't veer off course made by a 210-240grainer with a big flat nose (if I get those slugs in, before my next hunt).

Be it driven by air, or powder, makes no difference in that it's a pretty tall order to stop a .45 caliber projectile.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now you really have me thinking, Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Don't forget, you can cast your own slugs at home as well. Once you have a good supply of lead, you can take the slugs you use for target practice out out of a boolit trap, and re-cast them into new boolits!
Then your slugs are practically free, along with the propellant (the same air you breathe) put into the rifle using a special pump.

If anyone wants to get in on these BigBore airguns, better hurry. They are starting to skyrocket in popularity, and are getting back-ordered most everywhere you look.

Last edited:
I got to hand it to ya butcher great story and great kill. ( with a airgun no less). I am goin night callin this weekend and hope I am as sucessful as you.

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. I touched-up the grammar in the story a bit, and added a bit more detail.

After consulting the satellite map, I made a couple of slight corrections on the described yardages in the story. Nothing major; I'm just a perfectionist that way.

!!!This forum is the BEST THING RUNNIN"!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Very neat play by play /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.. Congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That air gun must be wicked..Kerry

Back