Missouri: Castle Doctrine Expansion Bill

RKR

I assume most have recieved this NRA notice for Missouri but so that no one gets left out here it is.

Missouri: Castle Doctrine Expansion Bill Needs Your Help!
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!
This week, the Missouri House of Representatives passed House Bill 668 link to summary , sponsored by State Representative Kenny Jones (R-117).

This important legislation would expand Missouri’s Castle Doctrine to now include your private property boundaries. HB668 would also lower the Right-to-Carry minimum age requirement from 23 to 21, prevent municipalities from regulating your possession of a firearm, and expand the number of places a Right-to-Carry permit holder could carry concealed.

Contact information can be found below. Also call your State Senator and respectfully urge them to support your Second Amendment Rights by supporting HB668.

Missouri Senate. lookup link

I put a link to the post office below. Sometimes they ask for the nine digit Zip code in order to send a message to your state and federal legislators. This link will help.

USPS link for 9 digit zip code

I have read the perfected version of this bill. The sections extending to castle doctrine to the boundaries of your private property and not allowing political subdivisions to make up their own laws concerning firearms and other gun issues are common sense extensions of the current law and are particularly to my liking. The others seem to make good sense considering the society we are facing.

+1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Get on the phones and email you MO guys!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

as of friday it hasnt maid it to the senate yet as per sen. champion i did write her and her office responded quite quick like a couple hours i was impressed but well see how it goes before i get too excited

Here is the response I got from Mo Senator David pierce followed by the E-mail I sent him.

Quote:
Thank you for the email, I agree with the proposed changes to the castle doctrine.

David

HCS HB 668 -- FIREARMS AND DEFENSIVE USE OF FORCE

I have read the perfected version of this bill and urge you to support it. The sections extending to castle doctrine to the boundaries of your private property and not allowing political subdivisions to make up their own laws concerning firearms and other gun issues are common sense extensions of the current law and are particularly to my liking. The others seem to make good sense considering the society we are facing.

I urge you to support this and other pro-Second Amendment issues as you serve all of us as our Senator.
Thanks for your time and hard work!!
Rod Richter
NRA life member
AFL-CIO IAFF local 3133 member
Pastor- Grand River Baptist Church

We passed a similar bill, HB228, here in Montana. It was watered down some but still a good bill. The Governor has yet to sign it.

Back