Any Prairie Dog Hunting around Boulder Colorado

mikeinlouisiana

I am going to Boulder area July 4th week for softball tournament. Is there a guide in that area to make a day trip for some shooting. I was there last summer and notice all the dogs along the roadside. I like to wreck the car looking for mounds. Yeah I am a noob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

thanks

Mike

Boulder has the distinction of being very Prairie Dog Protective.... and shooting them East of I-25 is restricted...to private land owners, or their agents...

You will start seeing them from Western KS, all the way in and it is a heck of a temptation not to stop along the roadway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Quote:
I am going to Boulder area July 4th week for softball tournament. Is there a guide in that area to make a day trip for some shooting. I was there last summer and notice all the dogs along the roadside. I like to wreck the car looking for mounds. Yeah I am a noob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

thanks

Mike

Apparently you have never been to Boulder. Or the Boulder you went to is different from the one we all know. They don't get any more liberal minded, tree huggin, bunny kissin, prairie dog protectin, tofu eatin than the folks you'll meet in Boulder. They revere their pds and often work huge contruction projects completely around them so as to not disturb them. Best pd shootin in CO is many miles from there.

Never in boulder, unless you know someone with private property and even then the sheriff is going to so up so keep it legit.

In Boulder to do a construction project on a site that has PD's requires a year long study.

They have crossing guards for PD's on major streets!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A couple years ago, the kids summer-league ball clubs pretty much got shut down because PD's had decided to colonize the local ballfields. Last I heard, there ain't much baseball in Boulder....even a couple years later.

Mike

I guess the correct answer is, there is lots of PD shooting in and around Boulder. The question becomes, how much jail time can you handle?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to shoot alot of them around there. But as said before the cops start showing up and put an end to it. You will see litterally millions of the fattest, lil' happy, bastards you have ever seen. Unfortunatly you are going to the most liberal town in the world. But look on the bright side it is a nuclear free zone so if a nuke hits near by you won't be affected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Awww there are a couple conservative right minded folks around but there are foresure the minority. Between the bicycle's and the greenies outr time here is limited. 12 more years and its off to Eastern Wyoming for this kid.

Trouble is, a lot of really great small western cities are suffering from similar problems. I understand Jackson, WY & Missoula, MT are good examples.

I do think that conservatives and liberals should be issued different colored auto license plates! Well, you take it from here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No then the ACLU will get involved because that has something to do with classifying and thats just not right. We are all equals in their eyes. Have you not been paying attention in your liberal attitude re-adjustment classes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just a short story about Boulder. I was hauling heavy equipment thur Boulder and needed directions. So I stopped at a drug store to get directions. Now I have a camo hat and
jacket on. I had to park a good block away because of the low boy. As I walked the block I got some strange looks. Never give too much thought. Got to the drug store. As I walked in I thought I went back in time to the '60s. Beads,
sandles(in winter) long dresses , piece signs , ect.
I stood in line waiting to get to the counter to ask directions. Now if looks could kill they would have buried
me in Boulder.But the high light came when I got to the counter and picked up a candy bar.
I was pulling out change and in with my change were some
spent 22-250 shells from a pd hunt the day before.
Well to make a long story short. I never got my directions
due to the fact I kinda had a feeling a hanging was about to
take place and I really didn't want to be there for the event. I kinda trouted back to the semi and just drove untill I found my own way. NEVER again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boulder is a beautiful place infested with people who have no grasp of reality whatsoever. Cool bike paths though.

Quote:
I guess the correct answer is, there is lots of PD shooting in and around Boulder. The question becomes, how much jail time can you handle?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As the Cable Guy would say "that right there is funny" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jimmy

Back