Coyote number 16 of the season.

bushpilotmexico

Same killing field and same stand. I got settled in around 5:00 am and the yotes were howling to the east of where I was snuggled in. Thanks to Tony Tebbe(great teacher)when I hunted with him in New Mexico I used my howler to talk to them and hopefully send some my way.

Daylight comes early here in Canada's only desert and at 5:30 two song dogs appeared in front of me looking my way. They had appeared coming up from the small lake on the right in the photo. The Nikon and Sako did their job perfectly and the one in my scope dropped instantly. Nothing to brag about as I ranged her afterwards at 66 yards. The other, obviously her mate, took off for the hills as if someone poured turpentine in it's you know what....no time for a second shot. Same designer glove on the right hand!

The good thing is there is always tomorrow, mind you at 68 years old I count one day at a time.

Happy hunting

Picture003-11.jpg

Picture004-10.jpg

Told you you'd hit your goal Cliff. You have a heck of a good stand location there. Better be buying that rancher a christmas pie or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats...

Tony

It looks like you stuck your hand down an airplane toilet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That or you used to be part of the "Blue Man Group".

Nice going!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Way to go Cliff,you,ve been into them steady for the past little while.
Ive been out to B.C. to fish the thompson river a few times for steelhead around spences bridge.That area looks just like your photos.
Is it close by?
I never saw any coyotes out there but numerous sheep and a few mulies.
On my second trip there i saw a mountain lion on the other side of the fraser river right at the mouth of the thompson.
That is a sight i will remember forever.
Anyways Cliff keep up the good shootin.

Quote:
It looks like you stuck your hand down an airplane toilet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That or you used to be part of the "Blue Man Group".

Nice going!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Actually the glove used to belong to Michael Jackson (ha, ha, ha!)

Back