Ground Blind Stool

tjfish

I know this isn't really about predators, but what type of chair, stool, seat, etc. do you guys like for hunting out of a ground blind? I spend many hours at a time in my blind, so I need something comfy and I wasn't impressed with my old bucket seat.
Thanks for the help,
Tim

Try a chair like the one in the picture below. It is plastic so it is very light, the frame is aluminum. Each leg is adjustable for height so uneven ground is no problem. The legs also have web feet so it will not sink into the ground. It is called a shower chair, and is available from medical supply houses. The chair is also fairly inexpensive, and it is very comfortable. Being able to adjust the height of the legs also makes it more comfortable. They really work, Tom.

IMG_0508.jpg

I have used several different ones but if you are bowhunting the foldout directors chair with the very flat seat work great comfortable but you can easily slide to the edge of the seat and take a shot. The ones that the seat sags down do not work well at all for shooting a bow from. The ones made by Double Bull work good but they can get a little uncomfortable after two or three hours.

This children's camp chair from Academy works great for shooting off of sticks. Low enough to get elbows in front of knees for a very stable shooting platform and low back makes it comfortable enough to sit for long periods of time when deer hunting.

IMG_2523-1.jpg

Regards,
hm

Back