Tornado this weekend

TNYotehntr

Well I've had a stressful weekend. I had taken a long weekend to do some hunting and call making to catch up on some orders.

My wife has been taking care of her grandfather for several months now, he’s been in very poor health. (I’m very proud of her, she did the same with her other grandfather, and her mother) I got up late for my hunting …fortunately…because the phone rang early, her grandfather had passed away at about 6:30. We went to Manchester to be with her family and help all we could. Friday before we left a friend called and said a Tornado was spotted in our area…take cover. We got a little hail and the power went out. We left a little early, wanted to stop at the P.O. and on the way, as we got near my folks neighborhood we started to see damage., Major damage. Thought we should go by and make sure Mom and Dad were ok. Had a rough time making it there. Several detours and it looked like a bomb had gone off in my old stomping ground. Mom and Dad are ok, but had hunkered down in their bathroom listening to parts of neighbor’s houses pelt their house. Got in their house and couldn’t find them. They were walking around the neighborhood in the pouring rain trying to help their neighbors. (in their mid 70’s) Well I carried them home and went to the visitation. When we got home we still didn’t have power, got it back this afternoon. After the funeral we borrowed a generator and got mom and dad’s house juiced up, our power was back up too. Please keep my wife in your prayers as she goes through this time of mourning. Thank you all! Brad

These pics are from a few hundred yards down the street from Mom and Dads house. This is just a tiny sampling of what we have seen.

Tornado-013.jpg

Tornado-014.jpg

Tornado-019.jpg

What a mess. Glad your parents made it thru that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
We will be praying for the whole family for strength through these rough times.
God Bless Brad
Dusty

Prayers sent from hula girl and I Brad, hang tough.
I don't know what would be worse hurricans, tornados or earth quakes? The problem with quakes is you have no warning! You just stand there wondering how powerfull it's gonna get when one starts, and how long it will last. I hope to be out of here prior to the big one. Grizz

Thank you all! My mom called this morning and they have their elect/phones back! That's a relief! I could hear the loss of tension in her voice. Surprising how dependent we are on the luxuries in life. I feel better just knowing they're relieved. I hope you all have a great Easter! God bless!

Brad

Just got back from visiting my cousin in Manchester and yes that was some pretty bad damage that I could see from the interstate, heard about the young mother and her 9 week old baby, that was sad!

That sucks!!! Manchester is a pretty area. Driven through there a few times going to georgia to visit. Hope everythings alright.

Back