Tikka T3 with optional Set Trigger

jdp3

Im am looking into trading a buddy of mine my gun for a brand new Tikka T3 Lite. He will be ordering it for me and it states on the website that you have an option for a set trigger. Anyone have the Tikka T3 Lite with the set trigger? ..... And if you do, is it a 2- 4 pound adjustable pull otherwise unless you push it forward into set position and then what is that set at?
I would like to know how you like it and if you would buy it again...

Thanks

My Rem 700 VLS in 22-250. Heavy barrel is a deal killer for me. Thought i would like it and not mind it, but..... I was wrong. If i was going to shoot prairie dogs often I would keep it, but i won't. Trading it for the same caliber. Is the Optional Set Trigger even available in the US?

I dont know about the trigger here in the states, I have never seen one with a set trigger, but it doent mean its not an option. I dont think I have even heard one mentioned here on the forums before, CZ's yes, Tikka's no.....

I am not a remmy fan by any stretch of the imagination. So.......I would say good trade! theres a sucker born every minute!!

Just dont let him shoot it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My understanding is that they are only available over seas. It states in my owners manual that it does have optional set trigger then in quotes it states not available in USA.

I have never seen a Tikka in the US with a set trigger; only Sakos and even then the set triggers were limited to the Sako Varmint and Laminated Varmint Stainless.

The Sako set trigger drops to 7.5 oz. once it is set forward. It is a VERY NICE trigger. The Sako manual says the set trigger pull is adjustable in its "set" position as well, but I've never tried to adjust one. The 7.5 oz. pull is light enough for me.

for some reason the big issue essentially is beretta is sucking with how it is handling the tikka line, don't expect to be able to get a set trigger tikka, they can't even manage to get any of the very popular 204 rugers out into stores, even though they are available in canada and overseas, they neglect the largest sales market they have, beretta is asleeep at the wheel

Quote:
for some reason the big issue essentially is beretta is sucking with how it is handling the tikka line, don't expect to be able to get a set trigger tikka, they can't even manage to get any of the very popular 204 rugers out into stores, even though they are available in canada and overseas, they neglect the largest sales market they have, beretta is asleeep at the wheel

I agree Beretta has mishandled the Sako/Tikka line. I couldn't get any response out of Beretta when I conducted the same search in 2008. It is true, however, that Scheel's struck some deal with Tikka or Beretta and became the ONLY U.S. retailer of Tikka 204s. Scheel's had a bunch of Tikka Varmints and Super Varmints last year.

Back