jagdterriers

Vargy,

I agree. If you want a dog to run in circles around a pig you should get a Border Collie. I expect my dog do what ever it takes to get the job done, whatever his job is at the time. Terriers are amazing little hunting dogs that can do things dogs their size shouldnt be able to do, but they get it done. Look back at Vargy's post "broke my record toay". Those little dogs had a serious day of work, I was not there, but would be willing to bet they were not ready to be done hunting for the day. If you are interested in getting a working terrier you better have time to burn his energy and fill his hunt drive.

Last edited:
If and when I want one it will come from Vargy,no ?
A dog with no bite is no good for me.I like smarts, and don't like to stitch my dogs, but as others have said, they "better get ahold".

Fire29
I agree with you 100%
( If you are interested in getting a working terrier you better have time to burn his energy and fill his hunt drive. )
Just like last weekend my younger patterdales were getting into mischif and was time to get them out.
I had a farmer called a few weeks ago with groung hog problems so we made the trip over to see him.
Just what the doc ordered for my Terriers. They needed some excirsice.
The first hole ended up going under a block wall in the old barn.
The 2nd hole which there were many were under a old porch.
The dogs dug for over 2 hours tring to get to them. We ended up filling the holes in so when the critters dig back out we will know which hole there are in.
As for the day we broke the coon record they were not ready to quit until i got them home and they settled down for a bit
Then they were done for the night. They had about 2 weeks off after that getting healed back up ready for the next adventure.
There was a guy on another board. after i got my brindle patterdales he called them a unproven cross.
After working them all last summer getting them ready for the season i would say they proved them selfs with a 147 coons this season.
I just made a cross with a pair and plan on one more as soon as she comes in heat.
The first set is due June 2nd.

Vargy

Vargy, I lost another badger last night, He just shagged down a hole before my hunter could get a shot.I'm gettin closer to "pullin the pin" for one of these little dogs.
pretty hard to get a 100# catahoulla down a badger hole. HaHa. Duane.

I saw on another website that a guy in TX has a 8 month old airdale-jagdterrier cross for sale. Bet that would make a heck of a good dog.

Tony

I will be breeding my female to a trappers male here in Colorado when she comes in heat if anyone wants to wait that long? And I have 2 pups out of a Kemmer cur female and a male Jadg if any interrest

The male is the dark brindle and the female is the light brindle I will try and get some better pictures if you are interrested

2hh29za.jpg

Last edited:
They seem to look alot more cur then terrier. I here Butch Nelson out of Washington has some good big game Jagds that have a little cur blood in them.
Nate

How much are you asking for them? It looks like you have a lot more understanding wife than I do. I showed her the pictures of the pups and all she could see was all the other dogs in the background and wondered who clean up the poop!

Sorry it took me so long this is why the dogs are not supposed to grab a hold. Unless they a have cut vest and cut collar. I don't think a terrer has the jaw power to hold on to the boar any way. I could be wrong though. I know thats wat they use bulldogs, bull & terrier, and mastiffs for though.

Last edited:
Back