recoil pad for Stevens 200

Thanks the recoil pad on my 270 stevens is killin me, its like a solid lump of hard rubber at the range and on load development. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That's funny right there. My son's Steven's 200 .243 will kick the everlivin' crap outa ya! I know, I know, A .243?! Yes, I hate to even admit it, but with the loads we run in it, it'll blacken your shoulder after about 10-15 shots of load development. It's only like this shooting off of bags on the bench trying to loosen up and squeeze groups tighter.

I've been thinking about a limbsaver, but I've never looked.

Quote:

I've been thinking about a limbsaver, but I've never looked.

Stop thinkin about it and get one. With a Limbsaver it's like a firm push rather than a thump.

t/c223encore.

Well, the Savage model didn't fit my son's Stevens .243. I ordered the 10601 model that states it fits "most models" but the holes don't match up. I guess I'll email them and see which one I need. I remembered this post from a while back, and just thought I'd post my findings before someone else orders the same one.

Unless they changed the stocks recently, the one that fits the Savage 110 model should fit your Stevens. On mine it is a touch wider on the bottom but it still fits fine. if you dont like that you can always go for the Grind-to-Fit version.

Quote:
Unless they changed the stocks recently, the one that fits the Savage 110 model should fit your Stevens. On mine it is a touch wider on the bottom but it still fits fine. if you dont like that you can always go for the Grind-to-Fit version.

Well, I don't know what's changed, but the 110 model definately doesn't fit the Stevens 200 we've got. The holes don't line up with the stock. I'd be interested to know what model you used on your Stevens. If you were to remove the pad, there should be a model number on the hard plastic plate on the stock side. I've got an email into limbsaver to try and find the correct recoil pad, but it would be nice to know if it's the same model number.

I bought a limbsaver pad at Gander Mtn and the one in the package didn't match how the package was labeled. They fixed it, but caused an extra trip. I'd double check anymore I get.

peace.
unloaded

Well now I'm real interested to know that model number. I went on Limbsaver's website and printed out all the Savage reccommended templates and none of them matched the Stevens. I sent a copy of the template I made with an email to Limbsaver. I'll report back with what I find out.

I can't believe I'm going to this much trouble on such a p.o.s. stock. If it were mine to shoot, that thing would be hanging on a nail in my shop, but it's my son's and I'm not just going to go and buy him a nice stock without him working a little for it. Maybe someday. However, I do want him comfortable shooting it and it doesn't seem to be affecting accuracy. Just in case anyone was wondering.

I shoot allot of Military shoots. Since I've had a double fusion in my neck I use a medium slip on limbsaver. I like the extra 1" I get since I'm not a small guy. Tames the worst recoil. If you have a plastic stock on a Stevens, a standard 110 limbsaver will not work. Wood and plastic are 2 different models. Most guys use the gride to fit in that case.

i just put one on my stevens 300winmag. you need the 10111 for synthetic stocks. the 10601 is for wood. mine lined up pretty well but i could touch it up with some fine sand paper but its not like the stock is that nice to look at anyway.

Update: Skinz is exactly right. The Stevens 200 requires the 10111 model. It's not a totally precise fit, but pretty close. Good enough for that stock, that's for sure.

Limbsaver/ SVL were great to deal with in trying to figure out which model would fit. I ordered the original pad from Natchez, which didn't fit. I emailed Limbsaver with the dimensions of the Stevens stock and the nice lady at Limbsaver offered to send me two possible matches. Great!, Only problem was, the same one that I'd ordered from Natchez showed up in the mail. I don't know what happened. I emailed her back and she promptly shipped the two we had previously discussed. They showed up, the 10111 fits, and now I have to ship the other 3 back to her.

Pretty good customer service if you ask me. Now I just hope, that after this little bit of "research" , they'll add the Stevens 200 to their charts.

Now, we're gonna go see if after an afternoon of shooting, if the boy's shoulder still turns that psychadelic shade of purple!

i had the 270 with the hockey puck material recoil pad and it kicked harder (sharper?) than my Remington SPS in 300 WSM!! seriously..so i tried the limb saver slip-on in conjunction with a neoprene butt stock shell holder and this rifle is a [beeep] cat now. I can pump 30 rounds in one sitting while developing loads.

my stevens 200 in 22-250 has the same hockey puck material and well i am going with the new limb saver recoil pad but the fitted one, not the slip-on. My shoulder felt it after shooting 80 rounds of regular 50 grain loads.

Back