Prices going up on McCroskey Custom Knives

Tha_edge

Talked to Corky after he did the taxes and the first thing he said was "I think I have made my last knife." Seems account and inventory are down $5000 from last year. We spent 3 days looking at actual costs and here are the findings.
The new discounted prices are:
Elk--$150
Boner--$160
Proskinner--$160
Butcher--$160
Mod. Buffalo Skinner--$165
Trapper set--$150 singles--$80(flaps $5/sheath and tooling $5 extra/ sheath on trappers only)
Paring-- $50 w/oak stand
Kitchen set--$330
We appreciate the business and try to take care of our clients. We try to produce a product that has no equal anywhere. In the past 18 months, we have changed the receipe and gained another Rc. Average is 64 now. We have not set a date for the new prices yet and some may still change. But we are far enough along to give you a heads up.
Yes, an RMEF representative did 9 elk with the curved skinner last year w/o sharpening. Yes, you do have to relearn how to use a knife. Yes, we do redefine the word "sharp". Yes, most of the inventory is back up so that orders are usually shipped within a week. Any questions, please call or email.
Thanks again.......Dave

Forgot to mention that current prices will be honored until these take effect. Thanks Daniel for posting the web page. Current prices are $10 to $35 less per knife.
Dave

It's not very offend that a company will release a price increase before it happens. Sounds pretty honorable to me!

Thanks cjg beef. We try to produce a quality product that is affordable.
The kitchen set will be $300 and the other prices will be as posted.
Effective date is April 15, 2009. Thanks again.....Dave

i cant say enough good things about this guy .....

i know dave and we live in the same town and i have never heard one single bad thing about him or his knives .....

i have a couple myself ... i just dont have the words to tell you how great this guy and his knives are !!

Back