Semi-Auto loaders will be history

smsnyder

9 police killed and 12 people in one week. All shot with auto loader rifles or pistols. Not good for us sportsmen. I see a ban on Ar15,Sks and Ak47 comming soon.

No. On this go around, if push comes to shove, the gun owners aren't going down without a fight when the guns are going to be confiscated by the government. And history will then be made.

SEMI-AUTOMATIC. Do not give them any more help than what they already have.

We just talked about this the other day. I guess this guy decided to fight.

That place in Pittsburgh is about 40 miles from my house. I guess the guy just whacked out.

There was a story on the local news. It was showing the scene after it was over. There was an officer walking down the road carrying 2 cases of unopened 223 ammunition on his shoulders. What the **** for?? I have no idea?? Tom.

Last edited:
Not trying to offend anyone but using the title as logic does this mean that doctors will be history as well...Medical malpratice kills 5 times as many people in this country then guns but it gets no media attention at all...If you throw in preventable infections in hospitals you can add even more to the list....

Quote:
9 police killed and 12 people in one week. All shot with auto loader rifles or pistols. Not good for us sportsmen. I see a ban on Ar15,Sks and Ak47 comming soon.

You are giving the impression that you are ready to accept this ridiculous notion of gun-control. Just what the anti's want to hear.

Even the democrat congressman are not going to let it fly (haven't you heard?). The sky is not falling anymore because:

1) The gun ban is being shot down (in true semi-auto style lol).

2) The once-fired military brass is still going to be available to the public

and 3) the ammo accountability crap has practically no chance of passing in any state other than Kalifornia.

The democrats are getting the message. Banning semi-autos would have no positive affect on crime. It's a fact.

Quote:

Sound like you give up to easily. Just stick your head in the sand and let others fight the battle for you.

We need to have concealed carry permits relaxed in the places these killing are going on. One armed Good Guy in these places would have put an end to it. The cowards always head to places that they know people are not armed. That right there is the problem.

They can attempt to infringe on our liberties, but as I am sure they realize; people will only take so much. The shame of it is that there are too many people (both government and nongovernment) who think that the government has control over the populus. This is entirely not true. WE elect them, WE are the ones they represent, WE are the ones that provide their paychecks, thus WE control them.

Abraham Lincoln said in the Gettysburg Address: "That (a)government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." However, it for the most part IS dying out because of the helplessness the populus feels when it's government is unopposed in lawmaking.

From the start of our illustrious Representative Democracy, there was no doubt that it would someday collapse on itself and be rebuilt- just like rennovation of a building. All other Representative and Democratic governments throughout history had done the same, all with relatively short lifespans at that.

Thomas Jefferson knew from the beginning that very sentiment. He said: "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Well my fellow Americans, this is exactly what we have let happen. Are we allowing government to waste the labors of it's people (Stimulus)? I am positive that Jefferson also had the solution to a problem such as this: "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

While I do not personally believe that it is time to "refresh the tree of Liberty", I do believe it is time that more people start to take notice.

I am sorry to have gone on such a long rant, but I am truly concerned with the wellbeing of my fellow Americans. Peace be with you all in these trying times.

-BANDIT

Well, in Pittsburgh, the guy loaded up his weapons, put on his vest and called 911. That's suicide by cop. For whatever reason, he'd had all he was going to take.
I don't think anyone with a CCW would have made a difference.

No matter what anyone says or writes, it still looks bad for gun owners when some nut job does this. The news I heard, which no doubt was liberal based, said the guy was obsessed with Obama taking his guns. In the eyes of the non-gun owning public, that links us and him. I hate it, it's wrong, and it shouldn't be that way, but that's what happens.

Don't go jumping on Smsnyder, I'm pretty sure he's not giving up either. But I do see his point. If this kind of crap keeps happening, that's all it will take to work the non gun owning public into a frenzy that the liberals and Dem's will feed on to start the bans. I don't mean to speak for anyone, but I think this is what he meant.

EVERYONE on this forum should be a member of the NRA or an equivalent gun advocacy group. If you are not, YOU are part of the problem, not the solution. End of rant.

What was it Pelosi said..."We will visit the gun issue when it's ripe". The libs and dems like this sort of thing. They want this to happen. Sick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif! Grizz

I agree its a sad day when a couple of nut cases can shape National policy. One thing I have observed we spend an awfully amount of resources making sure that the rights of the mentally ill are protected. As law abiding firearms owners we should also demand that people with a history of mental illness and violence towards others don't own firearms. Much easier said than done I know. I believe that unfortunately the Democrates in Congress will get around to gun control sometime in the near future.

Quote:

I agree. These weapons will come under the sharpest of scrutiny soon. Looking like a ban coming. Glad I bought the Mark V bolt action over the AR now.

For the record, one of these latest incidents was commited with a bolt action rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But that shouldn't matter. You either support firearm ownership...ALL firearms....or you don't. Picking and choosing will be our downfall.

What should be getting the attention of our not so smart politicians is that the majority (not all) of these latest killings were the work of someone who went off the deep end from losing their job. So maybe, just maybe if an effort was made by our government to not totally screw the economy up (like they have done so effectivly) might actually have more of a positive effect than trying to dream up useless gun legislation.

Besides even if every firearm were banned, if some nutcase wants to kill a bunch of people, there are many ways even easier than using a gun. Some idiot with a couple chains, locks and 5 gallons of gas locking the doors of a night club and torching it while full of people. Psychos will get the job done any way they have to.

smsnyder-Got to agree. The events come in spuirts. Pa. is trying to classify ALL semi-auto's AND ak47's in the same catagory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
No matter what anyone says or writes, it still looks bad for gun owners when some nut job does this. The news I heard, which no doubt was liberal based, said the guy was obsessed with Obama taking his guns. In the eyes of the non-gun owning public, that links us and him. I hate it, it's wrong, and it shouldn't be that way, but that's what happens.

Don't go jumping on Smsnyder, I'm pretty sure he's not giving up either. But I do see his point. If this kind of crap keeps happening, that's all it will take to work the non gun owning public into a frenzy that the liberals and Dem's will feed on to start the bans. I don't mean to speak for anyone, but I think this is what he meant.

EVERYONE on this forum should be a member of the NRA or an equivalent gun advocacy group. If you are not, YOU are part of the problem, not the solution. End of rant.

Duck you are absolutly correct it doesn't look good or help our cause at all.

Gabe

The Binghamton shooting, the guy used a car to block the exit. Had he not blocked the exit, some may have escaped. Therefore using anti-gunner, liberal logic, we should also ban cars as they can be used to kill people too.

Back