Pics from kids pig hunt

baileydr

Here are some pictures of my 7yr old son and yoteinc's 10 yr old on thier first pig hunt. They both made great shots on thier pigs that dropped them where they stood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They also shot a couple ducks to boot.

A great time was had by all... This was a day they will remember for a long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks for lookin... Don.
pig1-1.jpg

This is my 7yr old with his pig and his new .223

pig2-1.jpg

This is the 2 boys with thier asian ducks

pig3-1.jpg

The 2 boys with thier pigs and ducks

pig5-1.jpg

Another pic of my son with his pig

That 10yo coulda been my brother 40 years ago, uncanny.

Good looking boys there and looks like they did some good shooting.

Nice work bailey, i bet the boys had a blast! Where in MI was the hunt?

Is that the hog hunt that Hunterhawk was telling me he was going to...or did he go to a different one?

The hunt was at a small ranch near Brown City, MI (in the thumb area). Not sure about Hunterhawk, but this ranch had a special rate for youth hunters (under 16yrs old), the pigs cost us $250.00 each which includes the processing. Didn't think that was too bad of a price. I personally would not go there and pay to hunt for myself, but to the boys... this was the best thing ever. I think it was well worth the money considering that we don't have very many wild pigs in this area, but the population is starting to grow - so maybe we will be hunting them in the wild in the next few years.

Don.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifWay to go! That $250 was used to point those kids in a good direction. You will never miss it!! Great job!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
BTW: What did they use for rifles?

No, thats not a bad price at all. Judging by the boy's faces, they probably wouldn't mind doing it again this next weekend!

Right before i moved from MI there was all the talk of the pigs running around. I havent heard of anyone seein 'em in the Lansing to Jackson area. There are mostly north arn't they (Gaylord area)?

The boys already asked the question about doing it again about a half hour after they were done hunting. LOL!

I have not seen any of the wild pigs around, but there are a number of people who tell me that they have??? I have seen some tracks in the area. The rumor is that they are spreading fast, but there is supposed to be a higher population in a few counties in the northern lower.

Back