Anyone have a Savage 110 .223? What ammo shoots best for you?

The best i can help with is a model 11 in .223, it does great groups, what are you shooting (brand) and how? Off hand, bench, what distance, what grain etc. blue

Do you know the twist rate? Some of the old Savages did not have the 1:9 barrels and will not shoot the heavier bullets well.

I have a Model 12FV in .223 and I get great results with 60gr V-max bullets, Varget powder, Rem brass and Rem primer.
My barrel is a 9 twist.

I have a J-series 111 Chieftain in 223 that is a 1:9 that just loves all 50-60 grain bullets. I can even get cloverleaf groups from HSM re-man ammo

Savage 10FP here, It likes anything from Black Hills and UltraMax in the 40-68gr range and especially likes the 52gr MHP's from Black Hills. The 10FP is a 1/9 twist if that helps.

Chupa

Favorite cheap ammo is UMC 50gr JHP - Best $ ammo is BH, try the 50gr VMax. Best $$$ ammo has been Win Supreme 55gr. BST.

I have the "tactical" it's 1:9 twist. I have never got better than 1" for 3 at 100. I could never get comfortable with it on the bench. Sent it off to a smith, the scope was not mounted properly, muzzle had a ding from the cleaning rod. I have not had a chance to shoot it since. I believe the gun can be a shooter. It has the worst action I have ever encountered (not smooth). They are all not the shooters that are touted, but can be.
Jim

I have a Predator in 223. All I shoot is factory loads. It likes: Black Hills 52 gr match hollow points, Hornady 55 gr Tap personal defense and Hornady 55 gr moly. Hope this helps.

My Savage .223 shoots extremely well with 52 grain Sierra MatchKings and H335. In fact it is the gun I grab when someone new to guns wants me to take them shooting. It builds up their confidence quick.

I have two Savages in .223. Both like Win. 748 Powder and 60 Grn. V-max's. And yes they are pretty darn accurate. 1/9 twist barrels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back