Most accurate factory varmint gun

To Me this is an unanswerable question. To many variables. A better question and they way this question should have been asked, if this is in fact a serious question, would be. (What factory assembly line produced rifle in your experience has been the most accurate?) Mine would be a rem 700 vs in 243. Another friend of mine would have to say, his CZ 527. No two production rifles are the same really. There may be an on average better shooter, but from what i have learned, i wouldn't even bet on that! Stick with a top maker, and go from there, That's all you can do. Lee

I think Savage makes a good factory gun. I wouldnt count on 1/4 in groups. I think everybody on pm has a 1/4 in factory gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any rifle that comes with a full bedded aluminum bedding block would be the ticket. I have 2 from Remington that came with a H-S stock. One in 223, an LTR, and a 243. Both will cloverleaf at a 100 yards and five shot groups makes one large hole that could be covered with a dime. You may pay upwards to a grand for them but all the screwing around and tinkering is done accept for either adjusting the trigger or replacing them in my case with Timneys.

Quote:
I think everybody on pm has a 1/4 in factory gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And those are just the amateurs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

In the last year or so PM posters have moved from those 1/4" groups to one-holers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Doesn't leave much for next year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know, I know, nobody here fibs --- No offense -- See-- I'm grinning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's really quite easy...

One shot, one hole! If you can hit the target at all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My own vote is for Tikka given price and quality. I shoot Savage and CZ as well but am most impressed by the Tikka, especially for a lighter firearm.

The Vixen is definitely one of the finest factory rifles ever produced.

The most accurate today is a Kelbly but they are more custom than factory.

Jack

Sako/Tikka.I am also impressed with the tikka.i think it is safe to say they are gauranteed shooters out of the box with a great trigger.The more i put down the tube in my 243 the better it gets.

Quote:
Quote:
I think everybody on pm has a 1/4 in factory gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And those are just the amateurs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

In the last year or so PM posters have moved from those 1/4" groups to one-holers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Doesn't leave much for next year! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know, I know, nobody here fibs --- No offense -- See-- I'm grinning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thats why I didnt post one holers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I learned my lesson a few years back. I didnt want to turn this post into a four page, your full of BS post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Just figured I would give my 2 cents, couldnt tell you its a right or wrong answer but just my opinion. Its been the winning ticket for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
IMO, Most accurate factory varmint gun ever made was the Sako Vixen in 222......

Agreed,,,,,,,
I have that very rifle and after god only knows how many rounds it's opened up to 1MOA... That's probably still better than alot of factory guns before they get the "amenities" needed to become shooters...

I've come close to rebarreling it several times but just can't pull the trigger. Instead,, I'm going to have a smith bore-scope it and if the rifling's good (which I'm sure it is)I'm just going to have it set back and rechambered.. Might even do a tight neck, since I don't plan to load hundres of rounds for it at a time...
I've also heard that Lapua is going to start making 222 brass again. Another good reason to stick with the Deuce...
Easy on barrels,, always accurate,, and something different from the crowd.. What else could you ask for?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Sako, Cooper, Kimber??, and Dakota in no particular order, would all be good places to look for acuracy in a factory rifle IMO.
Chambering them in 6PPC, or 6BR ain't a bad idea either.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
You can spend thousands trying to outshoot a factory Vixen 222, and often not do it.......

your dead right 2much, and repete, i thought the same till i came across my 'new' sako. its a 'rihimaki' in duce. just like my vixen, it loves to jump 50 gr tnts into tiny little holes. i wouldn't have thought a sporter barrel would compete with my heavy barrel, but you can't tell the targets apart.
both these guns blow away the 'seat the bullet close to the lands' theory. the mag on the rihimaki won't let you go a thou over book, and that is where the vixen shoots best too. lee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back