Which Zeiss would you go with

Quote:
I bow to the masters of the optic's on this forum

Far from a master but I have owned a bunch of them in the last 20 years. As competitive as its gotten in the last few years these higher end manufactures have had to compete to sell product. Yes still more money than most, but it pays to keep an open mind about spending just a bit more coin.

if you want a zeiss check out camerland new york, I got my 3x9 conquest from them for $379 it was a demo, but looked new, new ones are $399 I think, better yet if you want any optic I highly recommend cameraland. you will not find better prices and the service is great too.

This would be the only way I could buy one. After looking at this site I thought for 400 why not go with a zeiss. Thanks guys for the reply's. As you can see I am fixing to buy a scope. It is really down to the Leupold vxIII or Zeiss. Leaning toward the Zeiss right now. Rick

I have a 6.5-20x50mm Zeiss Conquest mounted on my Bushmaster Predator AR. This scope has a mildot reticle. Excellent optics.Very precise.I do not think you could go wrong with a Zeiss. It pains my American soul to say that. I like the larger objective because of the superior light gathering at dark. I have 3 Zeiss scopes,1 Leupold VX-L 56mm, and a Trijicon. All are excellent scopes with great optics and good resolution at dark.

SWFA has the smaller powered 1.8x5.5 Zeiss Conquest reduced to $299 for the time being. Physically for the power range, the scope is a little large, but since I didn't have one in that variable and it was only $299, I convienced myself that I needed it. So I ordered one the other day. For that price, it's pretty tough to beat.

I think either will work extremely well for you whichever you choose.

I got my first Zeiss about 6 years ago, and have used Leupolds for at least the past 30 years. I bought a 2.5-8 power VX3 back in December, and quickly put it on my little Sako A1 17 Rem. I couldn't ask for a nicer calling rifle set-up IMO. Now my newest scope is a 3x9x40 Conquest with target turrets, and it is going on my 223AI or my 260.

Isn't life great to have all these choices? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back