new toy, big score, whats it worth?

sweatybetty

got home today and my LOVELY bride hands me the paper...
P3180004.jpg

so i call the guy. he's 91 years old and says "i need to get rid of some stuff".
ok, i will be there in 45 minutes.
"well, hurry up', me and the missus are going out for dinner".
i get there and this old timer tells me he bought this gun new in 1979, put 12 rounds through it and then parked it in a closet. he cant remember how it works and doesnt remember ever cleaning it. i look down the barrel and its spotless. hand the man $250 and walk out. he's happy, im feeling blessed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

P3180006.jpg

P3180007.jpg

he also gives me 3 boxes of ammo. 1 box is missing 12 rounds and the other 2 are full with silvertips.
are these real silver? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
the prices on the boxes are around $7.50-8.00
P3180008.jpg

P3180009.jpg

anyhow, i ended up with a savage 99CD series A in 250 savage for $250.
did i get a deal? what do you think its worth?
has anyone heard of a 250-3000 like the ad says?
thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you got a GREAT deal. You owe your wife big time now. Congrats.

And for only another $25.00 you could of bought a VW bug towbar.

Last edited:
I think you need to be planning to take the wife out for a really great, romantic dinner....

Mine always brings me ads for the high priced ones and wants me to sell mine for the proceeds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
has anyone heard of a 250-3000 like the ad says?

Yes, the 250-3000 savage was the first commercially offered round to reach the 3000 fps barrier in a factory rifle. They did this with 87 grain bullets.

I harvested many deer with a Savage model 99 250 savage when I first started hunting deer. I think you got an excellent deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

From what I've heard the 250-3000 Savage 99 is one of the sought afters. You see a lot of 99's in 300 Sav.,308 Win., but not to many in the 250-3000. The 243's are kinda hard to find also. If you want your money back, give me a shout. Just kidding, no I'm not. Heck of a find. Better give wifey a bit of Sat. fun money and a great big hug round the neck.

Back