One of Dashers pups

I do the same Duane, If I have a pup that wants to hunt I let him/her go to it, don't care what it is he/she is hunting, it will payoff later. I found as a dog ages and understands what You want thru tranning the "trash animals" will not be a problem.

Yes Dasher, he is comming along great. He is very intellegent, learns things very fast and wants to please. He still has his puppy moments, but that is part of it.

I am going to start running him with my other dogs soon, but I'll not hunt him with them untill he gets older. I have a very good method to train him on coyotes where i can control the out come and he does not get hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

At about 6 months, I will let it run with my "finished dogs".To fit in it will have to learn to decoy yotes, blood trail whatever, den yotes, and fight or bay badgers, and sight chase anything I send it on. If it wants to work cows that is a bonus. I don't expect much out of little pups,I just turn them out alot, and find out where they are strong. I have scent dogs, sight dogs, kill dogs,and cow dogs. Each dog needs to find its place in the pack,and I don't fight "instinct". I use the traits that a dog is born with, and that is the "job "they have in the pack.
I would say right now this will be a scent dog,with lots of "teeth". Time will tell.

IMG_0091.jpg

I'm teaching mine to hunt bear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back