AR mag problem

coyotex

I have a mag that feeds flawlessly,and its new,baybe 60 rounds through it. now the problem,the bolt catch stops the bolt when the last round flies up and lays in the chamber.....i have never heard of this problem,and it does it every time....knowing this is a safety issue,,,,will it stop doing it? is it fixable? or scrap the mag?....x

yep,..it pops up,the bolt locks and its laying in there....my fear is slapping it back shut,leaving a live round chambered.

i know its the mag not the gun too...only mag i have the problem with,,,,im thinking maybe too much spring pressure and once it wears in a bit it may stop.

The feed lips on mag might be bad. jumping past mag lips as carrier passes popping round up into upper receiver? Compare with different mag. If this is the case. I would scrap it.

actually.....it's a very easy problem to fix. just throw that mag away and get another one. problem solved. mags aren't that expensive that you need to take any chances with one that won't function properly. just replace it.

Before you toss it, try bending the feed lips closer together a little at a time. Compare the gap between the feed lips to a good magazine. If the spring was to strong, the first rounds would be more likely to have a problem. If the magazine follower is hanging up on the last round it could not have enough tension to hold the round against the feed lip. Your more likely to have a weak magazine spring than one that is to strong.

Back