Home-made coyote drags

Weston

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a coyote drag. I've got an idea of how I'm going to do it now. But I'd like to look at other options, Especially for the legs teeth attachments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks in advance and of course, Pics are welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

go to hardware store and get a dowel rod that fits in your hand comfortably....get a piece of rope or baler twine if you have access...drill a hole in the dowel ,run the twine through, put the knot at the bottom, tie a loop in it. A two ft. dowel will make several for a couple of bucks. Then you have spares when you loose one......and you will loose one. good luck

I had some time one afternoon, and made one out of para-cord, similar to my lanyards.

I put two loops on either end so I can hook all 4 legs and carry them like a briefcase, or hook up two at a time and drag!

Will try to post a pic!
Tim

I got a carabiner with nylon cord. Tied a coule loops in the cord and attached key cahin clips to them, ounch a hole behing the tendon, attach teh key cahin clip, attach the other end to you pack and drag away.

I make mine with 550 parachute cord. Then I make 2 small noose knots. Works good, I only dragged a fox with it.

I just use a old cable snare with a wooden handle on it. Make a loop and place over the neck and insert both front legs and go..

I used deathdealer2's idea last year and not only did it do a good job on a coyote I actually pulled a small deer out of the woods with it as well. The dowel is about 5 inches long and my rope about 5 feet. The rope wraps nicely around the dowel rod and with a little electricians tape, the plastic stuff, you can hold it wrapped up and put in the backpack. Dragged a 34 lb male out of the woods last year really easily. 500 paracord will work fine for the rope.

Quote:
I had some time one afternoon, and made one out of para-cord, similar to my lanyards.

I put two loops on either end so I can hook all 4 legs and carry them like a briefcase, or hook up two at a time and drag!

Will try to post a pic!
Tim

this is the way to go but i use D-rings instead of loops

Zach

I think the D rings sound like they could be very usefull. I'll probably give them a try. I'll build my first attempt tomorrow and post pics, But still any suggestions are helpfull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

A piece of scrounged nylon strap and a piece of Para-Cord. Fits in the coin pocket of your britches and costs next to nothing. Besides, it's light weight and doesn't poke holes in your pocket.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

Easy on-easy off.
3/8 braided rope, 8-10' long. Running Bowline/[slip knot], around my waist, Running Bowline around the coyotes neck. Drag coyote, hands free.

7/8 inch dowel drill hole in middle, slip line through hole. Make it longer than you need cause you won't know right away what length works best for you so it will be adjustable. Tie a noose in the other end for the muzzle or the legs. Where to drill the hole through: Hold the dowel in your hand and mark it between your middle and ring finger. same thing as death dealer. only I couldn't go with a simple slip knot, had to be a noose. I carry 2 drags with me, one has one line, for the muzzle, the other has 2 lines for either legs or dragging one coyote with a partner. for the 2 noose leg line, mark between your first/middle fingers and pinky/ring fingers. I can do pics if you want to see.

t/c223encore.

Well, I went to hardware store expecting to think up a cool drag. but I failed. So I decided to go cheap. I said 10$ would be my limit I ended up making 3 for about 6$

Heres the break down.

1 pvc pipe. 2 ft long. .21 cents
30 feet of nylon cord. (10 ft per drag.) .19 cent a foot.

So now I have three drags for 5.91 $ not a bad deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its just the generic drag. with a handle and I'll use the rope on the end for a slip knot.

IMG_0333.jpg

Well, I had the wood and the lathe calling my name. Besides, it's this thread that gave me the motivation. They all do the same thing and will get the job done.

That's a real nice piece of equipment, Weasel.

You done good there Buddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

here's my idea of one. i guess its not really a drag but more of a carrier.
lanyardcarrier009.jpg

i made the adjusters with the base of some 300wsm brass
lanyardcarrier012.jpg

and i even made the shoulder section extra comfy
lanyardcarrier013.jpg

ya put one leg through each loop and sling em' over your shoulder. or if ya kill two ya can put one loop on their snout and one on their back legs.

and ya know i just had to make a matching lanyard to go with.
lanyardcarrier007.jpg

i think im gonna follow weas's lead and put it up for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

what do ya guys think....lol

Zach

Last edited:
Back