Mountain View Cur pups in Oregon?

Dasher, Ramrod is just over one year and i wold really like to meet you and maybe learn some of the country on this side of Idaho. I moved from western Idaho to McCammon 6 month ago.

Mike G. posed a reply to me about how he regretted cutting Bubba and that made me decide to keep Ramrod intact for now.

Duane, I know i could learn a lot from your experience and will let you know when i am heading your direction to see if we could cross paths. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I say get the lab, the curs will eat your hat!

101_0265-1.jpg

Just kidding! We love ours. He is a HANDFULL right now but hopefully once he has a job he will find an outlet for all that curiousity.

Dasher, he has grown so big! Just in the last few days he has gotten taller than our Boston and boy does he tear her up! We have to keep dog clothes on her just to protect her chest and neck. She lets him get away with it though, he is her baby. He is already learning to respond to the tone on his collar. Justin already took him out once and he kept up just fine. He did put him in the backpack once but took him back out when he barfed in it, lol.

Anyone wanting to hunt north east Nevada is welcome to hunt with us!

I Have an "open door policy" You are welcome here,just give me an e-mail,so I can "scam out on work".Whenever you want to come over it's fine with me.

Aj, an "e-collar" on a pup is a bad idea. You should never us an "e-collar" on a pup, less than 4 months.(many guys say 6 months) Keep in mind the pup is like a 4yr old kid at this point. Have fun with it, but don't get to "pushy". you will pay the price later if you do.I'm no expert, but I have run "a few dogs". I have a pup out of the same litter as yours, there is no way I will "wreck it with a shock collar." You do as you see fit.

Quote:
Aj, an "e-collar" on a pup is a bad idea. You should never us an "e-collar" on a pup, less than 4 months.(many guys say 6 months) Keep in mind the pup is like a 4yr old kid at this point. Have fun with it, but don't get to "pushy". you will pay the price later if you do.I'm no expert, but I have run "a few dogs". I have a pup out of the same litter as yours, there is no way I will "wreck it with a shock collar." You do as you see fit.

Do you mind elaborating? We only use the tone but we certainly dont want to do anything that will ruin him. Right now we are just making a game out of it.

Do you guys know how lucky you are? It takes me five hours just to get to burns. You guys can drive 5 miles, 20 miles or a 100 miles in any direction and you’re in great country!
I’ve hunted up north of Jordan Valley in Succor Creek area and around Spring Mtn. I got so excited chasing after a buck over there one evening that I ran off and left a very expensive pair of Swarovski’s laying on the ground. We stayed the night and searched all morning just to find them. Yah, I got the Buck but it wouldn’t have been worth loosing the binoculars.

Joel.

As long as you just use the "tone" for a come back, that is no diff, than a voice command , or a whistle. That is just fine, as far as I can tell. But do not "shock the pup". at 10 weeks, a "shock could",(may or may no ) blow its mind.You don't want to shock the range out of your pup, or shock it so it wants to stay close.That is what I was refering to "as paying the price later". Nothing worse than a "close range dog", that has been shocked , and won't leave your leg.Do you see my point for giving you a warnin? Not my style to bust anyones nuts, but I will at times"speak out of school" to save a guy trouble down the line.I hope you understand my comments were made with the best of intentions. Duane.

Hey, no problem. I asked for the advise, remember? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif We plan on using the tone only just as a come back signal so we dont have to stand up and call his name when we are trying to hide from the yotes.

Aj, all my dogs are trained on a "tone",I think you are doing just fine.I just don't use a collar at all for the first few months, but I have the "blessing" of bein able to take my pups with my older dogs every day.Time running dogs makes a huge difference in how they are trained, I take my dogs every day, so I can "take my time".You do what works for you,in your circumstance.You will do just fine.

Back