Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace Laser

WYOAZshotgunner

Kind of excited about this little combination! I picked up this Ruger LCP .380 Auto about a month ago and am very impressed. Before I purchased the laser I put a 100 rounds through it, and kind of found it hard to see the sights. Still shot decent groups at 5&7 yards, at least for my standards. With a 2.75" barrel it isn't really designed for far distances.

About 2 weeks ago I picked up the Crimson Trace laser for it and shot it for the first time this evening with the laser. All I have to say is WOW!!! I was impressed! It felt like cheating! At 10 yards and further it's hard to control the jump of the laser with such a small framed pistol. At close range it's a deadly combination though! Laser is easy to spot inside any building, and low light conditions. The only downfall is during the high noon desert skys it's hard to see the laser sometimes, but I have a pair of iron sights to fix that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here are a couple pictures...one with the laser and the other next to my cell phone for size comparison.

laser.jpg

rugerlcp001.jpg

Do you know about the recall on them. Ruger was giving you a free mag if you send it back in for the recall.
Mike

Quote:
Cheater

Ha...thanks Andrew! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anything to save my butt! jk...I thought it just looked good when I first bought it, but got I love that lil red beam of light. My cat gets a kick out of it too!

Quote:
Do you know about the recall on them. Ruger was giving you a free mag if you send it back in for the recall.
Mike

Yeah, I got it post recall...

Laser would be a nice addition for low light shooting.

My LCP was a pre-recall model - Ruger did nice work on it, now has much smoother action and new hammer assembly (I had already put over 1000 rounds through it). It came back with an extra clip with an extended finger floor plate and an cool black LCP embroidered hat -all inside of a 2 week turn from when I shipped it out to Ruger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Try the clip with an extended finger floor plate it makes a big difference in the way the gun feels and handles. I have been thinking about the laser too.

Back