Grey fox pup in distress call. Anyone have a good one???

ckmate69

I've been hearing for years about how efective the grey fox pup-in-distress call is, but I've no luck at all with the Foxpro version. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal Foxpro customer) Does anyone out there have a different recording of pup-in-distress??? A real fox pup recording or mouth call recording...either is fine if it works. Is it really as effective as so many people claim??

The Gametraks fox that has been working is the kit fox in distress as there is no grey fox distress in their library.

Foxpros screamin gray!!!

100_1752.jpg

100_1747.jpg

I've been using the Foxpro version on the coyotes around here and we have taken at least 5 using the Grey fox in distress sound. I play a sequence of Lightning jack or a bird sound just prior to that and then pause and hit the GFD sound. Usualy, after about a minute, there is a coyote in the open headed in. I have sen them sneak into see the sound source and had them run to it.

I think playing the sound along with other sounds first is the key.

The western rivers GFD call is very simular to the johnny Stewart. It has called in several greys. I haven't had a coyote come to the call. I figured being it works so well on grays that a coyote would come, but I haven't see one yet. Just grays and hawks.

ckmate69,

Our new Screamin' Gray Fox is an awesome sound, but don't forget to check out our new #224, Grey Fox Distress. It is my personal favorite. I have said it before, and I will say it again---I would put our new Gray Fox Distress up against any of them out there, it's that good. If you have some of our older grey fox sounds, they are not nearly as good as the new ones. And, we will keep adding more to the library.

Hey Mike,that screamin gray is hard to beat!!I have probably taken 40 to 50 grays with it this year...I'm going to down load sound #224 and give it a whirl...Thanks for great product,Chad

I'll probbaly get both sounds pretty soon. Was thinking of getting the 16 sound pack anyways. It's a shame the season in VA is over now, but I dropped a nice gray 10 minutes before midnight (season end) using my Foxpro. MCWALK I'd like to hear more when you get the chance!

I always start a stand with distress rabbit of some kind and right before I call it quits I turn on the screamin gray..I always end the stand with screamin gray no matter what Im calling for.I have also called in several coyotes with screamin gray .Great sound,I wouldnt leave home without it....Chad

I just got a foxpro and last week I started off the stand with a female invatation howls and then switched to the screaming grey and I had a coyote standing 3 yds from the call in less than 10 minutes.Screaming Grey works great for me.smoke

i played bird distress for a couple of minutes then a few minutes of silence. used the western rivers gfd and about 2 minutes later, I [beeep] near got run over by a big ole gray fox. no coyotes with it but lots of grays.

Back