yotes

jlstetler

Ok i went out this morning before daylight and got a stand set up. I started calling and boy the woods lit up with howls. The only problem was that they wouldnt come out to where i could see them. What would yall say i did wrong? Also do you guys let the call continuly run when you here them or do you turn it of and switch to a diffrent sound?

They may have been educated. I've had that happen a few times. I usually just move on to another set when that happens. I don't use an E-caller, just mouth calls. I haven't ever used a howler, but you might try that this time of year.

I wasnt using a howler, the call i used was female barks. Where i live no one hunts them so i doubt they are educated. I tried to use a diff call but that didnt work so if yall have any advice id love to hear it.

i have had this happen numerous times
and it is un-nerving
just last week
after the same scenario you described i
used my howler to perform a hurt pup after all the commotion stopped
and 4 of em charged out of the woods
(obviously i was not in el paso)

i usually call very little after this happens especially if the histerics started in response to my calling
a mouse squeaker used springly will often bring em out for a look

guero

They just can't RESIST that canine pup distress! I'm telling you - if all else fails go to the pup distress. I go with the pup distress on the foxpro and blow a distress on my ki-yi sometimes - - - when all else fails. I don't know any coyotes personally, but I believe they are thinking it is a couple little guys fighting over some chow.

Back