Why Can't We All Just Get Along?

BamaGunner

These photos were taken from our game cameras in south Alabama before 08-09 deer season began. Go figure.......
coyotesdeer1.jpg
coyotesdeer2.jpg

I had a hard time believing what I was seeing this season. We have put out cameras every season on this piece of property for years. Plenty of pictures of deer and coons but rarely of a coyote. Much less in the same frame....

This camera is a Stealthcam i550 5 MP with 50 foot flash. I bought this one at Academy sports for around $120. I had problems with this camera running down batteries very quickly. Our other cameras that took similar pictures were Moultrie GameSpy infra-red flash 4 MP units. I have more pics if anybody cares to see them.

That must be one of those vegatarian coyotes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. He probably voted for Obama /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Thats a great photo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That is a pretty cool picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Years ago I saw a house cat and a Gray Fox eating cat food out of the same dish at the same time, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Doesn't surprise me one bit. We see coyotes walking among cattle at times and the cattle aren't spooked. I've seen a coyote mingle among several antelope bucks one time, and they hardly paid the coyote any mind.

Thats a great shot. I have one on my wife's stand 2 weeks ago eating acorn rage that I put out opening day. Nothing else touched it all season.

maybe i'm the only one that didn't see it. i was just looking these pic's backover and the first pic has 2 coyotes in it. i've looked at these pic's a couple times now and didn't realize it until probably the 4th time. i just thought there was one yote. maybe that second yote is circling around for the kill in the second pic.

I tried to load these pics in the correct order but for some reason this is how they kept coming out. Probably OE [Operator Error]. I have about 4 more pics from this sequence that I will try to post later today. There are definitely two coyotes in the first pic. It would be very obvious if I could make the pics larger.

Some of the documentaries on Africa show lions at water holes with their prey animals. Casual encounters where the predator, ie the lion or in this case the coyote, sharing a resource. Then the next day the lion is in different mode and the prey realize that the predator is on the hunt and they are the hunted. Different story then. The polar bear sled dog video just doesn't ring true to me. Might be on the up and up however it looks like some green propaganda for polar bear no hunting.

Super game camera picture.

I have watched coyotes mousing with deer in the same field. I know they eat deer but don't think it is their main menu item unless wounded or sick. (Oh yeah, or very young)

Back