My first coyote hunting

eclipse71

I'm a french Canadian, and i want to share my first experience.
I'm in Parental right now, Last X-mas to a supper with friends, they show me a DVD to coyote hunting. I found it very interesting.
I've never try it, mostly i hunt, Waterfowl, groundhog, pigeon, crows, deer, bear, moose....
I saw here to buy a Ruffidawg jr to call this predator.
I've order it and got it last week and watch the dvd included.
A farmer where i usually goes shoot groundhog, calle me yesterday and ask me if i shoot coyote also, he have a problem with those predators...
I have load few 22-250 round with 50gr Bal-Tip and Bechmark ( My usual Varmint hunting rounds )
I goes there, I wide Swamp cover of 3 feet of snow.
I dig my hole and start calling, Wind was blowing Real hard so hard the left side of my face was freezing...
40-60 km/h
After 3/4 hour, i start loosing it and decided to go back home, But when i straigt up, i saw 2 coyote coming at 500 yards ...HOLY [beeep]..
They came to 200 yards, on my call but they probably scent me, they goes int the wood next to me, and then go back in the field, Looking for the distress call....
I Laser them to 276 yards, OK....Breathe, Relax, focus mind !!! 8 inch hight and 8 inch wind drift: Then when the shot was clear of Little brush .
BANG, WOW, instantly the first one goes down
The second one Shift the 5th gear but i was ready, pull back the bolt, and load another round in a second....
same elevation, same windage and BANG !
The next one goes down like a Rock !!!
After examination, the first one : i hit the Spine right behind the shoulder ( bullet goes throught it )
and the 2nd one, No exit hole, But the the entire shoulder is like Jello...
NO camera, so i take them back to my house.....
Very Nice trip, i was so Pump !!! YEAH !!!

You can be sure, next week I'll be there again ! And now The word run is way....Farmer around there have a Guy who can shoot Coyote....
I think i gonna have few calls in the next days....
[image][/image]

HOMnominatedbanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your Coyote Double and for braving the deep freeze!

Are your Snow Shoes Aluminum? I have a pair of Cabelas Alaskans, but am looking for something larger like yours.

thats awesome. Just goes to show, coyotes will still respond in high winds. I dont like calling on windy days but I may give it a shot more often.

a double on your first try is pretty impressive. Good shooting my friend.

Good Calling and Great shooting!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Beautiful coyotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A little different than calling in Arizona. Well done.

Back