22 250

just run a reamer into the chamber and you have an AI. If your gunsmith knows what hes doing he will set the barrel back 4 or 5 thousandth then recut the chamber and reheadspace the rifle with a slight crush fit to aid in fireforming the cased. Its a pretty simple process actually.

Depending upon the cartridge, as some benefit more than others, you will gain some velocity and have to trim brass less frequently.....

Have to say it's not as simple as just running a reamer into a chamber. Barrels are usually removed and set back a thread or two so that once the AI chamber is cut standard ammo will also chamber.

You will get more velocity since you case capactiy in increased a certain percentage you will be able to use more powder thus pushing the bullet faster. More powder equals more speed but also more throat erosion.

Quote:
Have to say it's not as simple as just running a reamer into a chamber. Barrels are usually removed and set back a thread or two so that once the AI chamber is cut standard ammo will also chamber.

huh? The headspace is essentially the same and the 223 Improved is a larger case so the 223 rem will always chamber. The barrel should be set back but isnt absolutely necessary since the headspace is the same. Like I said the barrel should be set back for a slight crush fit. I dont think I would ever turn off two threads to recut an ackley chamber its just not necessary 4 or 5 thousands then set the headspace with a .001 crush to make sure you get a tight fit in the chamber for fireforming. Yes it is that simple.

Back