FP external speakers

juliang

I posted recently about a comparison between Foxpro and WT, thanks for all the responses. I have decided I will keep my FX5 as I like the flexibility that it brings, it has been totally reliable too, so no complaints there. Has anyone tried some of the external speakers with it? I would like a more even sound response out of it, especially on the high end of the audio spectrum. I am satisfied with the volume from the horn speaker, if not the clarity at times. Anybody tried the SPFR1 or the SP55? How do they compare to the built in speakers?
Thanks in advance.

I use the SP55 and like it for more volume as well as it seems to add some "dimension" or life to the sound. The SPFR1 is supose to be even better.

Juliang,
I've tried them (SPRF1 and SP55. If you're looking for the best quality sound, the SPFR1 is the speaker for you. It's pretty large to carry around, but it is one impressive sounding speaker. If you want improved volume, the SP55 is killer and is fairly small to tote around too. I have the SP55 hooked up to my Scorpion and it sounds excellent. If I were playing lower frequency sounds or using bear sounds alot, I'd go with the SPFR1.

The SPFR1 has a built in Mylar tweeter and is designed to capture the full range of sound from the slightest squeaks to the heavy roars. It is so realistic that on some of the sounds involving a predator and the prey, you can actually hear bones crunching. I don't use it on all hunts, but if I am wanting the very best sound possible, I take it along. With some of the new sounds Foxpro has out, it really gets the job done. The SP55 is an excellent speaker in its own right, and gives you more volume with clarity than the built in horn. I use an SP55 a lot in conjunction with the built in horn on the Fury to take advantage of the stereo amp on some of the stereo sounds I have put together on Goldwave. The realism is fantastic.

Back