Pictures of Kenton Mi predator hunt.

yooperman

Out of 129 hunters, 24 coyotes, 2 fox and 2 bobcats were shot. The hunt took place Feb. 19-22 and consisted of 1-4 man teams.
pictures of pred. poll outside of hoppy's bar in Kenton.
Kentonhunt2009004.jpg

Kentonhunt2009003.jpg

our team from left to right, Kurt Johnston, Clint Schewe, Kris Johnston and myself.
100_00841.jpg

Six coyotes and one cross fox witch netted us first place. Five of the coyotes Kris got in two sets. He called in two pairs and got three out of the four. and on the next set called in a pair and got them both. He loves his rock river.
100_00781.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Congrads to you and your team on the win. Who puts this hunt on and is it a 24hr, 48hr, or something else?

It looks like they diden't make that pole any too big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yooperman, a big congrats to you and your team! It looks like a successful predator hunt. Thanks for posting the pictures. MI VHNTR

Right on, congrats on first place. Thats exactly what it's all about, getting out with good friends and calling in predators. Winning a friendly contest never hurts either.

ruger300

Your team had a great hunt. The fox was as nice a hide as I have ever seen anywhere any time. I am a bit partial to the smaller bobcat on the end.

This hunt is sponsored by the Ontonagon Valley Sportsman Club and is held on the 3rd weekend of February each year. The '09 hunt was the 4th one and the project appears to be very well accepted. This was the highest number of participants so far. The rules and awards are found at the OVSC wed page: ovscup.com. We would like to see "ya" next year, eh.

Back