Barbara's Saturday Combo (pics)

rockinbbar

Well, after being sick, then helping at Globe this year, only to come back to her mother being in the hospital, and having to stay with her about all last week, then getting rushed off to the ranch to take care of things there after our trip to Globe, Barbara finally got the chance to make few stands with me Saturday.

There was one catch though....It was WINDY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don't you just HATE the wind?

The first stand a coyote came in nicely & stopped for Barbara's M-4 broadside at 65 yards.

She made a great shot, (as always) and the coyote fell right there.

barbfeb.jpg

The wind started kicking & the coyotes were just not coming in. Barbara was ready to call it a day, but I had my eye on a nice little stand that looked like it held SOMETHING....

I thought if we put the caller right on top of an animal, it might come, despite the wind.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We set up on a dirt tank dam overlooking a pretty flat area covered with greasebrush & small mesquites.
I was playing the usual rabbit medley and about 7 minutes into the stand I heard her M-4 talking again...only once!

I knew she had something down, but kept calling.

After the time expired & I got up she told me to have Buster go get her bobcat... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was a nice one too!

barbcat.jpg

Maybe a tad over 30 pounds! Shot right through the heart at about 50 yards as he was stalking the caller through thick brush!

I'm proud of you, Honey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Nothing like the smile on her face when she got to that cat.

doogity.jpg

I a really lucky guy to have a wife that enjoys what I enjoy, and to spend time with me at the ranch, or hunting, or working hard for Predator Masters before, during and after the Globe Hunt!

She's a keeper....I can't thank her enough for helping with what I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

She's a great shot too! There's something about a woman with an M-4... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope ya'll had a great weekend as well, and thanks for looking!

Barry

You are fortunate my man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Looks like it was a productive day for mama. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awesome!

Cant wait for the kids to get a little older so my wife can get out more. Its hard to get a sitter when the closest family is 2 1/2 hours away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tell Mrs. Rock congrats for me! Looks like you judged him right to me, got to love a 30lber!

Take care,

Todd

Barbara was born & raised into a ranch family. They always took care of the predators, etc. on the ranch, so she was a hunter in that respect.

Not as much of a deer or big game hunter like I grew up doing on our family ranch, but she's making up for lost time...

She likes it when just she & I go out after predators...

One day last month we got 10 coyotes and a bobcat on 11 stands in one day. She was smiling that day for sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am lucky indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow.. nice cat. You are lucky to have a wife who enjoys hunting. Mine said she'd come coyote hunting with me but asked if she cold bring her John Grisham book to read.

I'll tell her, Weston, but she's a member here too & reads it all.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif She just doesn't post much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott, it's better to be still & read a book than to jump up and say "There's one!" (I've seen some do that...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barry, you are a lucky guy. I'm in the same boat as Scott. Mine has gone with me a couple of times and read. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif But anyway tell the misses, or she can just read this, Good Job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

John

Now can you have Mrs. Rockin give my wife some pointers.

Awesome stuff Barry...or was it Berry? haha j/k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif By the way it was good meeting you down in Globe I hope you didn't listen to that crap Redfrog said about me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif And holy crap...10 yotes and one bobcat in 11 stands on one day? whats it take to come visit you for a few days?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Take it easy,
YNH

Quote:
I'll tell her, Weston, but she's a member here too & reads it all.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif She just doesn't post much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, Barry, first of all, it's obvious that Barbara is a better hunter then most of us here, but, quote: "she doesn't post much" tells me that she's also smarter then most of us! :>)

I'm going to try to get my wife more involved, heck, I've already bought her a $200+ "She Safari" camo jacket! Sometimes I wonder if it would be prudent to teach her how to shoot... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Outstanding Barry and a nice bit of shooting Barbara. Congrats on a really nice cat. I noticed Buster's butt pointing towards the cat in that last picture. Is Buster trying to make a statement?

Barry ....I know we try to impress each other here on this forum.......but why you keep showing pictures of your daughter and claiming she's your wife?????? You are a lucky man! Wonderful job....Great pic's . Congrats to you both.

Pop

That is great! It would be great to meet a fellow, female predator hunter out her that could teach me how to hunt the open fields. My husband is a bit uncomfortable with the idea of me "going out with the guys" to do some night hunting.

awesome! nice cat!! ill tell you i have more experiene with the ones who want to read and stay in the truck because "its cold" ha ha great job....

in this pic there is a girl in the truck who sat and read while me and my hunting partner dug and dug and dug to get the truck unstuck numerous times out in Mount Taylor last year. consider yourself a luck man..

P1030396.jpg

That is awesome stuff!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
What kind of scope is on that M-4?I need a new one and Im up for suggestions.

To answer your question about the wind.Im not a fan of it either but its something I have to deal with alot.In fact if your ever in the Oklahoma Panhandle and for some reason you need to know which direction North is just look at a tree.It will be leaning towards the North because the wind is almost always out of the South and its usually blowing pretty hard.Every tree where I live is leaning towards the North. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back