Elk in Nevada?

Yeah there sure is. Neveda has good management on elk. You will have to contact one of the members that live in Nevada. Give Crapshoot a pm he lives in Henderson.

Way more elk than you would ever believe but drawing a bull tag is real tough. There are places that the odds of drawing a cow tag are decent.
I see elk almost daily and there sure are some big bulls. Gosh I think half of Utah comes over here shed hunting.

Big bulls, long shots, tags dang near impossible to get. They are actually called a once in a life time tag as you will more than likely not get more than one in your life. Average draw time is 7 years. Some times more but rarely less. If you draw and are unsucessfull in harvesting, you can begin to reaply in 5 yrs. If you are sucessful in harvesting , you can begin to reaply in 10 yrs.
I know several people who have taken 400+or- bulls with reputable guids. Most guids say to know where your rifle hits out to 600 yrds and be able to effectively use it to that distance.

From what I understand there is some outstanding Elk hunting in the hills around Ely. I've got 4 points, someday.
Grizz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back