Nightforce Varminter 5.5-22x56

A guy has offered to trade me a Nightforce Varminter 3.5-15x56 in good shape. Does anyone know anything about this scope or how much it might be worth? How does compare to NSX?

Thanks,
Darrell

if its nightforce its [beeep] good... what's he want to trade.?
Haven't seen the Varminter scope but suspect it fetches over a grand.

The early series NF scopes are commonly referred to as Benchrest models now, as compared to the NXS models. They are less expensive, across the board. If someone wants to trade you an early BR model, in 5.5-22x56, I'd probably pass, as thats about the only one they ever had problems with. That was due to an early manufacturer, long ago dumped, but some scopes are still around. It has been discontinued for several years, from their lineup.

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/

Did you folks see the N.F. Varminter in the classifieds? Went for $500. Didn't last longer than a fart in a whirlwind. If you read the post, you were to late.

Call nightforce and get the information on the scope and where it fits in their history.. Some of the information here is not correct and does not recognize nightforce models going back even further.Some confuse one model with another .Call Nightforce. I did and talked to the boss.I go back over fifteen years with my first nightforce.Have literature back that far also.. just looked at it today.Anyway it is important to get the models straight and know which you are speaking of.. I have a nightforce many would tell you is worth 1000 dollars but is actually worth about half of that.

I'm not going to stir the pot further,on the post, but I'm curious. I may have erred in not considering the earlier models than what is called the BR model now. My scopes also go back about 15 years, and one is a straight 15X..still works good too... A friend got an 8-40, which was a pos, and they ended up replacing it with an NXS. Now thats service. I believe Haeko (SP?) was making the early scopes, and they were not what they should have been. I've met Jeff from Nightforce several times, and always felt he was a real straight shooter.

What part of the midwest are you in?

Quote:
Did you folks see the N.F. Varminter in the classifieds? Went for $500. Didn't last longer than a fart in a whirlwind. If you read the post, you were to late.

Yup, I sold it I think? I guess I didn't quite know what they went for. It was listed for about 10 minutes. After selling it that quick I did a little search and saw the same model going for between 700 and 1300. My bad I guess.

Onionskin, my post was not directed to you or anyone else.I try to be general and won't spend any time stirring a pot. I think we agree,not all NF are the same as some seem to think.

Back